xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Eeprom.bin Is The Wrong One !  (Read 665 times)

Pittfan

• Archived User
Eeprom.bin Is The Wrong One !
« on: February 12, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

I use Xboxhdm to try to upgrade my HD .... I copied the EEPROM.Bin with Confgmagic.. OK, Well when Xhdm says are you ready to attept locking drive , Yes/no.. I say yes and "-it uses a password from the eeprom i suppose"- that i never seen before .. I look at my Configmagic app and look for my Stock Xbox HD password and it's different , what is going on ? ... anyhelp would be much appreciated ,Pittfan  sad.gif

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

Each drive has a different password calculated from the EEProm serial number and the drive's serial number.

Pittfan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(deadparrot @ Feb 12 2006, 02:49 PM) View Post

Each drive has a different password calculated from the EEProm serial number and the drive's serial number.

So what do i do?, can you help me figure this out ? ... I lock the HD with Xhdm and put drive in xbox but i get error (6) with flashing red lights , I don't know how to fix this sad.gif  I just want to install a bigger Hard drive in my xbox .. i'm using UnleashX ,Krazeys /ndure dual boot softmod on stock HD ..

Pittfan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaJackal @ Feb 12 2006, 03:21 PM) View Post

Did you put the hdd back into xboxhdm to see if it would unlock? You obviously have the wrong eeprom.bin somehow. What kind of hdd are you using?

Yeah i put the hard drive back in computer to try to unlock hard drive and it unlocked  smile.gif.. I'm using a WesternDigital: WD2000JB-00KFA0 Model .  P.S. To get my Upgraded HD to work I need the orignal EPPROM and password right ?  , thats where I'm stumped :/  P.S. More info , My Xbox was made 5-28-05 so i think its a v1.6 B .. dont know if you need this info but I put it here incase

Pittfan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaJackal @ Feb 12 2006, 03:44 PM) View Post

I have the same hard drive and the first time I tried it also did not work. What softmod do you have? Do you have all the files backed up on your pc?

Well i used the SplinterCell exploit with Auto installer deluxe and used UnleashX and Krazeys/Ndure dual boot for dash ... And i don't have the C :Drive and  E: Drive backed up anymore for use with Xhdm, I can back it up quick thou ...Nothing really on my xbox now , i left it blank , just UnleashX on it now , no Apps

Pittfan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaJackal @ Feb 12 2006, 03:57 PM) View Post

If you don't have the back up files on pc, can you ftp them over to pc from retail hdd?

Yeah I can , What files do i need . Just C: and E: drive ? ..

Pittfan

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaJackal @ Feb 12 2006, 04:12 PM) View Post

C, E because I want you to make a new Xboxhdm iso. Also, since I'm not familiar with ConfigMagic, I would like you to get your eeprom again. Check for a folder in C named UDATA.

OK, I see a folder named UDATA in the E folder

Pittfan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaJackal @ Feb 12 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

Your eeprom.bin should be in there, probably in another folder. Put that one in linux eeprom folder.

OK, did that .. now make a new ISO and Burn it ?

Pittfan

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaJackal @ Feb 12 2006, 04:52 PM) View Post

Yep, put C,E,Eeprom and burn iso. Do the xboxhdm again with new disc and lock it automatically with eeprom like you did before.

K, i'll let you know how i made out . be back in a few mins

Pittfan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pittfan @ Feb 12 2006, 05:03 PM) View Post

K, i'll let you know how i made out . be back in a few mins

It worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't thankyou enough ... I'm very Happy, Thanks for all your Help   smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

Pittfan

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaJackal @ Feb 12 2006, 07:26 PM) View Post

Right on! You're number 2 today.

Yeah , you saved me alot of hassle .. I have looked everywhere to try and get the HD locked with right password .. Good looking out man  cool.gif  wink.gif  smile.gif  P.S.  I Already installed a ton of stuff hehe