xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Red Only Frag ! Help  (Read 178 times)

spuddie

• Archived User
Red Only Frag ! Help
« on: January 14, 2004, 07:21:00 AM »

bump

lordvader129

• Archived User
Red Only Frag ! Help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »

i thinka red only is due to overheating....which could be caused by the high voltage, maybe try with a new PSU to see if its still too high

Heet

• Archived User
Red Only Frag ! Help
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 08:26:00 AM »

Its your eeprom.  The chip that flashes r+g probably has cromwell on it.  Orange blinking is overheating not red.  Im having similar issues so I sympathize with you.  I can get only one bios working on mine for some reason.  Anything LB48 patched doesnt work.  Very odd.  Moral to the story is dont blank your eeprom!    beerchug.gif

Frag explanations are in tutorials section.

spuddie

• Archived User
Red Only Frag ! Help
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 05:51:00 AM »

PROBLEM SOLVED boy did it take some solving !!

Basically it was the Eeprom on the motherboard

I had to patch a version of the cromwell bios with a copy of an eeprom that I had backed up on my w2k system. Then flash this to a chameleon. boot from the chameleon.  and problem solved - HOWEVER you need  to use a eeprom bin that is suitable for the correct machine 1.0 or 1.1+ The first one I tried didnt work (although) it said it did. As it came from the wrong type of board.

This is the site with the patch software however

SITE FOR PATCHING CROMWELL

If you dont have a backup on your hdd then you really luck out and will need to buy one from peoples elsewhere  on this site.

SO if your machine flashes RED only instead of RED and GREEN (FRAG) then somehow, you've emptied your eeprom !!!

This info doesnt appear to be anywhere even on the tutorials

http://xbox-scene.co...ticles/leds.php
maybe it could be added ?

Thanks to Chris from xboxbreakers.co.uk for his help.

HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE IN THE SAME SITUATION

cheers

spuddie

Heet

• Archived User
Red Only Frag ! Help
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »

Ya that site is the one i posted days ago.  What bios did you get working spuddie?  Only bios Ive gotten to work after all that bs is 4977.  I dont get it.

Heet

• Archived User
Red Only Frag ! Help
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

got it.  Did the same fucking stupid thing and flashed a 1.0 prom when the box is 1.1.  All is good now.  That just shows that 4977 will bypass an eeprom tho.

Slackin

• Archived User
Red Only Frag ! Help
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

OMFG Genius... THIS WORKED LIKE A CHARM.........

Matrix Modchip V1.0 (altho main TSop is flashed with 4979.06)

I switched around dashboards (when I had this dmn red/amber or yellow Flashing) and next thing I knew it was flashing red after the 3x red/yellow, been dead almost 2 weeks now, but I wouldnt give up.

I fixed the 3x Orange/Yellow flashing and was left only with a brief green flash before it would start Flashing Red with absolutely no audio/video.

Now since my tsop points are soldered aligning my matrix wasnt fun, but the second I had it positioned with the above cromwell bios patched with my bu eeprom.bin, and bam it started flashing green. I quickly turned on the video for the tv and you could see (altho dark that the eeprom had been successfully flashed and it gave me some data on my eeprom) Switched off the matrix and bam it loads my old xecuter 4979.06 bios like before.

Thanks guys for finding a way to do this with a 256kb limited chip, I didnt want to have to buy a another chip just to flash the eeprom, and the emp-20 eeprom programmer looked like it was going to prove difficult (especially after soldering and unsoldering the eeprom) This is buy far the best method out there)

Maybe Pinned? Stickied? Made into a Xbox Scene Tutorial? Added to the list of LED error Codes?

BTW Xbox Boots like normal now no Red/orange no red just all green...

-Slackin

ofx210p

• Archived User
Red Only Frag ! Help
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

Are we cool or what !

Slackin

• Archived User
Red Only Frag ! Help
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »

Pimped!!!

Thanks Btw Chris