xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Locked Hard Drive With Ude 2 And Now It Shows  (Read 414 times)

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
Locked Hard Drive With Ude 2 And Now It Shows
« on: August 13, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »

Ok here is what I did.

I installed UDE 2 with 007 on a 1.6 xbox. It worked and installed evox as the dash. I choose "backup" from settings and I then backed up the C and E folders and the "backup" folder with FTP. Then I hooked my NEW 120G samsung drive to my 1.0 xbox(TSOP FLASHED) and formatted it with a Evox disc. Then I copied the backups of C and E and put the "backup" folder in the E:\Dashboard\ folder. I edited the Evox.ini that came with the save so that I could unlock and lock the Hard drive from the main menu. Then I choose "lock Harddrive" in Evox and it said done.

Since then It wont boot in any xbox. It always shows error 6.

I have tried:

Imbeding the Hard drive key with xbtool and flashing it to my 1.0 box, still error 6
Booting it in atapword from my PC and using the master password TEAMASSEMBLY it said done after unlocking and disabling but it still showed error 6
The 1.6 stock drive booted in my 1.0 with the embedded Hard drive Key from the backup

Can anybody tell me what I did wrong?
Both the evox backup and the itools backup confirm the same Hard drive key and password. ATAPWORD says it unlocks but it still wont work. It was working fine before I locked it.

If I cant fix this I may return the drive since I bought it yesterday.

Can I flash my 1.0 box with the 1.6 eeprom to fix this? My 1.0 may have had an embedded eeprom and a hard drive key in the bios, would that affect any thing?

My kernal verison is: 5838.01
My dash version is: 5659.03

Thanks in advance

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 11:02:00 PM »

You cannot lock the HD using another Xbox unless that lock program use the eeprom. bin of the one you want to run the new HDD on.

The EEPROM key is different(there are 3 out there, 1.0, 1.1 and the one in Xbox 1.6). The easiest way would be to upgrade it on the 1.6 box or copy out the eeprom from it and lock it on a PC.

I am not sure of Evox allows you to load a eeprom.bin and do the locking based on that.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

take the hard drive out your xbox, and put in your pc, and use xboxhdm to lock it,
then all should be fixed.

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »

but will xboxhdm be able to see it since it is still locked? and shouldnt the drive boot with the embedded hard drive key in my 1.0 xbox?

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 11:52:00 PM »

I'm thinking that evox might be incapable of locking an hdd for a 1.6..  What version of xboxhdm did you use to calculate the password.  If it was before 1.8 (I believe)  It only supported 1.0 and 1.1 eeproms..  If this is the case, it kinda makes sense that both evox and xboxhdm generate the same invalid code. Since they would both be using the same algorythms to lock it..  I think ldots had to include some kind of middle message calculations to successfully lock hdds for 1.6 boxes.  And there are still extensive warnings in xboxhdm when you do it..   I locked a stock hdd in eepromer once that caused the same kind of error.  That hdd is still locked:(  Hope you have better luck.

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 12:01:00 AM »

I never used xboxhdm unless that is what is used to "backup" from the UDE menu. I just locked it from evox with the original 1.6 evox backup folder in the root of the folder, I just assumed that it would use the Hard drive key from the backup folder in the root of the evox folder. I am not sure what it used to lock the drive but when I rebooted after locking the xbox would not recognise it.

But even then it should have unlocked with the master password with atapword right?

Do you think the store will take it back still?

like I said I can get the 1.6 drive(oem with UDE2) to boot in my 1.0 when I embedd the hard drive key in the bios. So if it was locked with this key, the hard drive (120) should boot also. Does anybody know what Evox uses to lock the drive?

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »

Nobody other than xbox modders know anything about ATA security really..  I've heard of more than a few ppl returning them successfully..  I imagine the drive would just go back to the factory where they would unlock it and send it out again as a refurb.

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 03:00:00 AM »

Yeah they probably will but the shitty thing is that I still dont know what went wrong and how to avoid doing it to the new drive. I just dont know what evox set the password to.

I just tried Liveinfo beta 2 and it gave me a different calculated password and I tried it with the dos tools in xboxhdm 1.8 and it still didnt work, it still shows it and locked. Damn!

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (icantstandtoburntolong @ Aug 14 2004, 05:03 AM)
Yeah they probably will but the shitty thing is that I still dont know what went wrong and how to avoid doing it to the new drive. I just dont know what evox set the password to.

I just tried Liveinfo beta 2 and it gave me a different calculated password and I tried it with the dos tools in xboxhdm 1.8 and it still didnt work, it still shows it and locked. Damn!

Well first off, if evox booted, then you didnt need to lock the drive. As the xbox will not boot an unlocked drive without a modchip.

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

I booted the new drive in my 1.0 xbox that has a flashed TSOP. The eeprom and hard drive info was from my 1.6

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 01:13:00 PM »

so use the hddinfo.txtx and use the unque hd key and paste that into liveinfo (without the spaces) and select the new hard drive, and this will give you the proper locking key for your v1.6 box.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (icantstandtoburntolong @ Aug 14 2004, 05:03 AM)

Also xboxHdm v1.8 isnt compatible with v1.6 box's, you need xboxHdm v1.9.

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »

Thanks for the help but I returned the drive and got a new one. I dont think I will mess with 1.6 drives until it is more ironed out

Kongqueror

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

I'm gonna have to get a new drive too after locking mine.  I actually have the same problem, I have the EEPROM and hddkey, but it won't work.

My xbox is soft modded and I have the UDE1 package installed on the original drive.  To make sure I don't do this again, do I even need to lock the new hard drive to use it in the xbox?  

If I did lock it with hdlock or atapwd etc on the pc, would the xbox even be able to unlock it?

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

what did you lock it with? I used evox and I tried about 10 different things to unlock it but it wouldnt work. I am too afraid to try it on the replacement drive so I might experiment with another (cheaper) hard drive first.
Pages: [1] 2