xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Have Both Jewel And Fan Led  (Read 245 times)

TheRaptorPilot69

• Archived User
How To Have Both Jewel And Fan Led
« on: June 20, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

Hello all. I am new to the world of modding want to have a cold cathode Jewel mod and an 80mm LED fan. I have read tutorials and both involve the HDD power supply. Is there any way to have both of these at once?  <

atlanta800

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

Yes, you can take the power for both things from the HDD power supply just splice into that baby don't be shy :)  <

frescoelamante688

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »

Not to purposly be stupid, but whats the point of a fan when theres a piece of plastic blocking one side?...  <

TheRaptorPilot69

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »

I meant replacing the stock fan with a new 80mm fan lol. And how do I splice the power?  <

atlanta800

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »

frescoelamante688 some people, like me, have fan windows :).

TheRaptorPilot69 let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly, you want to put a cold cathode underneith your jewel (99.9% sure on this) cool np, but you also want to replace the stock fan with a 80mm fan AND have 12v running to it (12 volt fan mod, 66.6% sure of this), and your problem would be, both of these mods use the HDD for power. Well your CC (as well as your fan maybe) should come with a splitter type deal that allows your to get power to the CC and the HDD. So use this for your Cold Cathode BUT for your 80mm fan I have a nice (rarely used) solution. XBTool my friend. You may ask what does XBTool have to do with my fan? (if you don't know what XBTool is check in the BIOS section of tools, for your PC, on X-S) Well here is your answer with this nifty BIOS editing tool you can adjust the volts going to your fan via the power connector the stock fan uses. Just set the fan speed setting on the far left near the bottom to 100 percent then flash your xbox with the bios and your set my friend.

(I know this is just one solution of many so.... ya)  <

q3autraven

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 02:56:00 AM »

you could just add a molex power splitter  <

Ichijoe

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 03:08:00 AM »

Anyone know the Wattage of an average XBOX Power Supply?
I have a Cold Cathoid light from an 80mm Fan (at the time I thoght it was soposed to be Green but that was only the fan the CCL was in fact UV!), NP but I have LED's on all the Game Ports and I'm thinking of adding some more and I have the Box Fan @ 60% in BIOS and in Avalauch! But, I was wondering where the Redline is. So I don't make the XBOX PS Puke on me!  <

atlanta800

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »

Go ahead and put it right up to 100% man because i've had my fan on that before and i got leds and stuff like that up the ying yang. No problem! Not sure what the wattage is though.  <

twisted.penguin

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

I believe the wattage is only like 90 or something...  <

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »

all i know is older xboxes had bigger supplies then newer ones(go v1.0's)  <

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

but ballz, the older ones wont work on newer xboxs after 1.0 or 1.1 (i think it was 1.1) they stopped using the AT power supply (12 pins i think) all in one row, and went to the ATX power supply (18 or 24? pins) so even if the older box's have more juice, (i dont think they do since i have one) it'd be alot more trouble to get it working on a new box  <

Camstheman

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

you could just add a molex power splitter

Thats what I did.  <

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »

I KNOW THERE NOT COMPATABLE i was just stateing that, also anyone have a clue how many watts the old ones had, and if the new ones are ATX would it be possible to change out the supply? i know getting the power for the cd rom working right would be hard unless it plugs into the motherboard

This post has been edited by Ballz2TheWallz: Jun 21 2004, 11:44 PM <