xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Freezing Xbox  (Read 275 times)

wolverinegod

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« on: September 08, 2003, 01:56:00 PM »

is the box modded or not?

wolverinegod

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 02:03:00 PM »

Are you sure the box wasn't tampered with before you bought it?

wolverinegod

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »

Rather, the point is that they probably fucked it up themselves, then tried to sell it on ebay b/c they fucked it up.....

it could be any number of things......i think you should ask the person that you bought it from what they did to it! That will probably help you out more than anyone in here can.

nwsund

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 02:14:00 PM »

i have that same problem with my xbox but it doesnt really matter for me since i play games off the hard drive.....i noticed when i loosen or completely take off the top the games play fine...so i think maybe the ide cable was being pushed on by the top somehow

wolverinegod

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »

Okay well in that case check your EIDE cable, and power cables........maybe you should replace the cable that comes with the box, other than that i'm not really sure what the problem is, but that woudl seem to be the most likely place to start.

mastertito4

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 02:48:00 PM »

could be a cache problem... but in order to fix that u need to mod the xbox

mastertito4

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 04:42:00 PM »

just delete everything on the x,y,z... there is nothin important on there but u can still back it up if u want

mastertito4

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »

ya for sure get back to me on that one cuz im having a similar prob with my hdd and the cache deal didnt work, but it might be just cuz i think my hdd is a peice of shit (quantum fireball 60gb or somethin i never heard of like that)

X30n

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 05:22:00 PM »

to me, it all sounds like a heat issue.

You might want to make sure nothing else has been done to it.   I mean, if the lables that hide the screws where lifted, what makes you think the feet have not been and maybe replaced.

Take it all apart and have a look.  It might be someones bad modding job and just wanted to dump the box on someone not knowing any better.

mastertito4

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 05:28:00 PM »

i always have a 2 1/2 foot fan running by my xbox, so that cant be it for me... but our issues r similar so if u figure it out def post it or pm me

elfey1

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »

i used to have a fireball too!
and guess what, my games froze. borrow a mates xbox hard drive and see if thats the problem with yours too.
Then go buy yourself a western digital. no problems with that ...yet.

elfey1

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2003, 10:21:00 AM »

muhaha.gif

black knight

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2003, 04:41:00 PM »

well, did the 12v mod and it didn't help.  so i went to install my new HDD, but i am having problems ftp'ing into my xbox.  i changed my IP on the PC to one number higher than the xbox, but it won't connect.  the xbox freezes as soon as i try to connect.  the temperatures are 90 F for the top most component (can't read it off my tv since the screen size is too large), and 108 F for the CPU.  I think I am going to take out the mobo and play around with it a bit to see if i can locate the problem.

black knight

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2003, 04:57:00 PM »

update on freezing problem.

i did the thermal compound mod to my heatsinks, but i don't know if that's really affected anything.  as a matter of fact, the more i think about it, the less inclined i am to believe this is a heating issue.  my temps are in the low 100's and i've heard of people playing games at 130+.

next i was able to ftp into my xbox and install a new HDD.  after that i got evox installed onto the new hdd.  stupid thing still freezes.

so here's the overall scoop.  xbox freezes while playing for 5 minutes.  replaced used
samsung DVD drive with brand new samsung DVD drive.  did 12v fan mod.  did thermal grease mod.  installed new hdd.  installed evox dash.

so what i get from this is that it isn't the DVD drive, it isn't the HDD, it isn't the CPU or GPU overheating, so what can it be?   I am totally flustered here.  i am sure somebody else has had a similar problem, or knows what's going on.

black knight

• Archived User
Freezing Xbox
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2003, 05:27:00 AM »

bump...

nobody has any ideas?
Pages: [1] 2