xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Still Having Trouble Booting My Backups  (Read 200 times)

kain

• Archived User
Still Having Trouble Booting My Backups
« on: September 11, 2002, 11:20:00 AM »

try this way in instead , do not use xiso

Submitted by Cal_G_UK

First and most important thing is get yourself a copy of Prassi Primo DVD, this can be found in many places on the net including newsgroups, file sharing programes e.t.c. Sorry I can not give you a direct link.

Place all the files you wish to burn (and nothing else) in a folder on your PC hard drive, I use C:\xbox

Launch Prassi Primo DVD, click file, new job, data disk.

You will be presented with a new interface to the right of the screen. move the mouse over the folder icon near the top of the screen it should say "Add Folder", click this and browse to C:\xbox, select this folder and click ok.

The folder C:\xbox should now be shown as \xbox\*.* under the heading "Folder or File as on Disk" double click \xbox\*.* and a new window will open titled "Modify Destination on Disk"

The bottom left button \ (root) should now be pressed so that the destination changes from \xbox\*.* to \*.* click ok to close the window and confirm change.

The folder path now on screen should be updated to that of \*.* if not recheck everything above to make sure no mistakes have been made.

Next highlight and click the icon 6 to the right of "Add Folder" which is titled "Recording Options" you will be presented with new screen titled "Data Job Options" select the following under "CD"

Recording Type = Disk at Once (DOA), Closed
Mode = Mode 1
File System Type = UDF - Up to 128 in filename lenght, any char., plus 8+3 tree (Bridge)

Click ok to confirm selection.

At the left of the main window you will see a drive selection screen, left click on the drive you wish to use (CDRW, DVD-R/RW e.t.c) and press "F8" to confirm selection of the drive, if done correctly a red arrow will appear pointing to the left.

Select desired recording speed and hit the red circle near the top for the writing process to begin. When the writing is finished pop your newly created disk into the Xbox and enjoy.