xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xenium S.p.ice Install Gone Wrong  (Read 1191 times)

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
Xenium S.p.ice Install Gone Wrong
« on: April 07, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

there's a swtich on the chip itself that is turned to recovery mode.....flip it and you should see the Xenium OS when you boot.

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

pliers will work

Elf_Sniper

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »

Now for the broken IDE cable i have in my xbox's hd, is there anyway I can get that out safely?

Same EXACT thing happened to me when installing my new HDD.  I grabbed some pliers and VERY carefully took it out, and put in a new IDE cable.

icedogg

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

Do I have a bad LPC connection by chance? I put the solderless adapter on the bottom row of the LPC, and so is the xenium chip.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »

If the chip is not in recovery and it frags, the lpc is not alligned.  If you are getting a service error that means the chip is not booting and that means the d0 is not connected.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »

Take the chip out, reconnect everything and turn it on.  Then, set the clock and turn the xbox off again.  Now reconnect the chip and you should be ok.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(icedogg @ Apr 8 2005, 06:06 PM)
I followed your instructions acemilo, and the xbox booted up perfectly without the mod chip installed, but when I put the chip back in, the xenium splash screen still said Loading...HALT!!!!!

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(icedogg @ Apr 8 2005, 08:09 PM)
I put the recovery switch back, lined up on top of the black area on the board. I booted it back up, and it still says Loading........HALT. With the eject led turned red.

the unibonger

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »

i hate to inform you of this, but to my knowledge, the new sp ice solderless adapter cannot be used with version 1.4 or 1.5 boxs. if you read the fine print on some of these sites that sell mod chips, you will see they state this also. the new solderless adaptor is for version 1.6 boxes. you can still use the chip, but you will need to install using stright up soldering or the pin header method. the older adaptors will work on your box though, if thats what you have. i ran into this same problem, i had a v.1.5 box and had to buy a new one to get the solderless adaptor to work on it. now i got 2 boxs, 1 modded for backups and stuff, 1 unmodded for xbox live play with no hassles or worries of being banned.

icedogg

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »

Would it just be either to send my xbox to bmmods, the place where i ordered my chip, and have them install it? I wouldn't mind doing that, it seems less of a hassle to me, and I'd get my xbox modded guaranteed basically.

icedogg

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »

Also, I used the solderless adapter, which will work with my xbox version. In the description of the chip on the site and the store i bought it from, said the solderless adapter worked on v1.0 - v1.5. So I know the chip can work with my xbox. I'll just have a company install it for me if all else fails.

icedogg

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 11:13:00 PM »

also, on the bottom of the solderless adapter, one of the pins bottom half is missing, its on the bottom part on the back of the solderless adapter. I don't know if that is causing my problems or no, but the bottom part of that pin was gone when i received my xenium s.p.ice package.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2005, 01:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(icedogg @ Apr 8 2005, 11:19 PM)
also, on the bottom of the solderless adapter, one of the pins bottom half is missing, its on the bottom part on the back of the solderless adapter. I don't know if that is causing my problems or no, but the bottom part of that pin was gone when i received my xenium s.p.ice package.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »

Take the chip out and set the clock then put the chip back.

icedogg

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

Here is the picture of my problem.

user posted image
Pages: [1] 2