xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Kinect - How Does It Connect?!  (Read 162 times)

p3eps

Kinect - How Does It Connect?!
« on: October 30, 2013, 01:44:01 AM »

I realise this sort of information may be difficult to come by at the moment, as we still have about 3 weeks until anyone will have their own xbox one.

The very first kinect used 2 USB connectors, and the kinect for the xbox slim comes with a custom connector.
I can't find any information on the xbox one kinect, and how it connects to the xbox one.  I can't even find if its wireless or not, but I doubt that very much as its battery consumption would probably be quite high.

I've got a bit of a problem, as all my AV equipment is in a 'center point' installation - which essentially means its all rack mounted in a cupboard in my house.  Satellite receivers, blu ray players, xbox 360, Apple TV etc are all linked through a Matrix switch - which allows me to use any of these items in any room.

I'd like the xbox one kinect to be in my lounge, but I need the xbox one to still be in my cupboard.  I have several 'spare' Cat6E cables run from my cupboard to my lounge, so I wonder if its possible to somehow use these for the kinect?

Once again - I'm guessing no one will know the answer yet... but perhaps someone has been lucky enough to see one of these in the flesh?  
Roll on the 22nd Nov!!

p3eps

Kinect - How Does It Connect?!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 07:22:39 AM »

After watching an xbox one unboxing video, I can answer most of my own questions.

It's not wireless, and it has some form of custom plug.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens when it arrived.  Possibly chop the cable in 2, and solder something else in the middle to extend it!

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 16 queries.