xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: All My Technology Is Too Good For Softmodding  (Read 31 times)

keeywi

All My Technology Is Too Good For Softmodding
« on: October 13, 2013, 10:05:56 PM »

Hey everyone, I have been wrestling with my xbox for about a month or so trying to get my xbox softmodded. I softmodded an xbox a long time back using XboxHDM and hotswapping so I figured if I did it once I could do it again. cool.gif

My first approach was to use XboxHDM to write a bootable CD and mod the xbox like I did the first time. Long story short the motherboard of the computer I was using to mod the xbox with wasn't supported and it gave me an error to the effect of 'it couldnt find any xbox harddrive' (I cant remember the error exactly)

Frustration.  mad.gif

Oh well let's try the gamesave method (mechassault):  smile.gif

I made an adapter to connect my controller to my computer and installed XBCD and encountered problems. Then I found out that I needed a different version of XBCD to work on my windows 7 (64 bit) no big deal. Installed that. Now its time to plug in the memory card and install the driver for the memory card. Alright. *plugs in memory card* Oh, hey look at that it couldnt find an appropriate driver, no surprise there, let's go ahead and update it manually. However when I direct the wizard to the folder containing the drivers it says something (to the effect of) "no drivers were found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Datel\Action Replay\Drivers""  huh.gif

I heard of similar problems with people using Windows Vista (posts from 2009) so I figured that there's a good chance its a compatibility issue that carried over to windows 7 mad.gif

A lot of the tutorials I have followed lead to dead links and compatibility issues and I wanted to get input from someone who knows what they're talking about what's the best way to softmod an xbox nowadays given I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.  smile.gif

Again, I apologize for writing such a selfish post but I was drawing up blanks when it came to using Windows 7 to softmod the xbox. sad.gif I am truly desperate.

Thank you for reading the post smile.gif

xboxmods2977

All My Technology Is Too Good For Softmodding
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:36:20 AM »

First thing you need to do when attempting to get a MU recognized under Win7 x64 is to reboot your computer and start it up with the Driver Signature Enforcement disabled (tap F8 at boot repeatedly).

You see, finding a 64-bit MU driver is just half the battle here, as none of these drivers have a digital signature, and beginning with Windows Vista, drivers without a signature are stopped from running unless DSE is disabled.

Once DSE is turned off, the driver should install fine, assuming you did in fact find a working x64 driver.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 15 queries.