xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How USED Game 'Trade-In' works on XBOX ONE  (Read 623 times)

relaxxx

How USED Game 'Trade-In' works on XBOX ONE
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 09:09:27 AM »

80's tech was much more ground breaking and new. The difference in 7th and 8th gen consoles is nowhere near as drastic as the difference between pong and atari or atari and NES. That's just ridiculous! But just remember those values 20-30 years from now on retro gaming night when the NES is still playable and all the virtual content you paid for on live is gone like a fart in the wind. Gone like the original xbox 1 never existed to MS at all. The name of the system is practically screaming this eventuality.

And my PC hardware is not locked and encrypted to only execute code from one online evil manipulative corporation. I would never buy hardware so crippled and pathetic. I'l never subscribe to live and have no interest in services like steam or onlive either.

Edited by relaxxx, 29 May 2013 - 05:17 PM.

steveo1978

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 11:24:09 AM »

And my PC hardware is not locked and encrypted to only execute code from one online evil manipulative corporation. I would never buy hardware so crippled and pathetic. I'l never subscribe to live and have no interest in services like steam or onlive either.

I guess you dont own an Apple or Android product either?

relaxxx

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 12:10:40 PM »

Damn right!

Oh wait, I have two androids....

ROOTED!

Edited by relaxxx, 29 May 2013 - 08:12 PM.

fallenangle

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2013, 02:57:29 PM »

relaxx has made another point I was was going to bring up about the longevity of support for both the games and Xbox One. There are apparently already numbers of XB360 games where online multiplayer support has ended. THis means even now you're not getting what you paid for.

krayzies' analogy with the Windows OS licencing system is specious. It's far from the same thing. When you buy a Windows OS or other software supported and regularly updated throughout its life you are paying for that as much as for the initial install. You're getting a tangible benefit and value for money by agreeing to the licencing terms limiting your use.

When you buy a game, especially a console game, it should be playable in its entirety right from the start and should not need any more support than is necessary already let alone regular updating. If it does require patching then that is an admission the game was not fit for release not a benefit.

The Windows OS analogy would only hold true if all future DLC for the game was free too. But that isn't going happen is it? Even now there is DLC which you have the deep suspicion should have been included with game but held back to milk users after purchase.

Edited by fallenangle, 29 May 2013 - 11:11 PM.

krayzie

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 10:02:46 AM »

Well windows/ms updates are mostly to patch security holes and not to add extra content. I'm pretty sure if a flaw in a game is found it will be patched for free.
Anyway I was just trying to make a point that they need some form of protection against multiple use of the same disc and not to discuss who has what rights or what not.

ekruob

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 05:15:37 PM »

relaxx has made another point I was was going to bring up about the longevity of support for both the games and Xbox One. There are apparently already numbers of XB360 games where online multiplayer support has ended. THis means even now you're not getting what you paid for.

On a serious/personal note - I still have an unopened 12 months Xbox 1 Live subscription I haven't opened... since Live on Xbox 1 was shut down quite some time ago - how do I make use of the subscription? (it has no expiry date listed on it!)

Edited by ekruob, 31 May 2013 - 01:17 AM.

Aldanga

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »

It has a code that should be redeemable. I've redeemed Xbox1 codes on my 360 before, though not in a few years.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 16 queries.