xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: XBOX ONE is unleashed into the world by Microsoft  (Read 770 times)

garyopa

XBOX ONE is unleashed into the world by Microsoft
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 07:43:22 PM »

Didn't see it mention yet in this thread.

But DISC lock is not all there is, there is HDD lock also, no more upgrading, no user servicable parts, 500GB is all you get.

XBOX ONE goes back to the way it was with original XBOX (the real 1), HDDs are LOCKed to the SYSTEM, INTERNAL to the SYSTEM, NON-REMOVABLE, very much like the TiVo set-top boxes it is trying to take over in your living room.

When M$ asked how do we get more SPACE, two ways, the CLOUD of course (most likely for extra $, you get more storage space), but Microsoft also says the reason for USB 3.0 is to allow fast-streaming-external HDD's for more space if you do end up buying so many games you filled your 500GB drive.

Also being Windows 8 OS, it looks like it will TAKE a WHILE to boot-up, but M$ also has an answer for that, it will eat up a few watts of power all the time from your hydro lines (more monthly $$$ to add-in), and allow for INSTANT-ON when you tell it the magic words XBOX ON.

Also the xbox one design looks shit house deliberately done so you will buy the sleeker slim version 3 years from now. Good work m$.

You can see the SLIM XBOX ONE already...

Just look at that case picture at the top news post, the way it is shaded, shiny on one half, then plain on the other half, and the same with the face plate, its switchs right down the middle.

XBOX SLIM ONE will be the LEFT HALF removed, the blu-ray, as once everyone has caught onto the CLOUD POWER, the whole game install on HDD, and disc is locked anyway, in a few years, and all mad gamers are gone, and everyone is happy with their DRM BOX, why the fuck will you need the big slow costly blu-ray drive to the LEFT, just grab/purchase the whole game via the CLOUD, its not like disc was any good to you anyway!

krayzie

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 08:40:46 PM »

I'm still wondering what's in it for non USA customers. Whill there be multi language support? I'm sure lots of people will have trouble talking in English to their box  as well as watching non subtitled USA focused  TV channels.

scottmuller28

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 09:38:36 PM »

Yup m$ want direct downloadable content in the next 3 years making xbox cheaper and money going straight to developers. No more Gamestops Eb stores selling secondhand games or disk based games. Just a box and cable playing on the cloud.

Mr_Milenko

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »

Yup m$ want direct downloadable content in the next 3 years making xbox cheaper and money going straight to developers. No more Gamestops Eb stores selling secondhand games or disk based games. Just a box and cable playing on the cloud.

Common misconception mate.. The developers make virtually nothing off sales as it is. The publisher is making money. But you're correct in the console manufacturer and the publish wanting to cut down on used purchases.

scottmuller28

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 09:58:28 PM »

I think companies like EA will get there money directly especially with them developing games with timeshift Ai on the cloud. Real racing 3 on the iPad gives you some indication were things are heading and small publishes will be non existent. Just smaller development companies will have to sell projects to the big dominant publishers rather than publishing themselves.

Edited by scottmuller28, 22 May 2013 - 06:21 AM.

wilgo45

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 10:14:31 PM »

This is all a joke right? it's turned into a pc so what the hells the point of owning the damn thing? MS can go **** them selfs.

Yep - MS is really trying to bend us over with this new generation.  I hope this blows up in their face.

A game console should just be a game console.  Not a device that can't be independent from the MS servers.  Internet connection should be based on the the customer's choice.  

MS will alienate so many potential customers.

Innovative ideas ???  .... no - just a handful of bad ones ?

jaysiff

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 10:47:28 PM »

Remember when they cut live support for all the xb1 games (i mean the real xb1 what a ridiculous name why not 720?) that sucked. yet if youve done anything with your xbox using the scene and its tools youll know that you can easily still play the majority of your xb1 games online via xlink. what sucks is unless i you want to play halo 2 (allday) the communities surrounding xb1 classics like halo 1, phantom dust, rainbow six 3, crimson skies, mechassault, and the first 3 splinter cell games are all dead and thats unfortunate. but halo 2 proves a good point in how the greatest seling xbox 1 game has a bigger online community than its pc version, and the games almost 10 years old. its funny though because xb1 games like counter strike and street fighter 3 had xblive and when they got cut from live they released xbox live arcade versions of those games you could buy again to play online again. what a joke. granted there were upgrades on cs. yet the community for cs on kai is dead. i just think that when it comes to classic xbox gaming if people are so upset about backwards compatibillity then where are you on xlink? are you playing halo 2 with me? no lol seriously cuz im down for somthing besides slayer on lockout. also if the no backwards compatibility upsets you then are you soley a xb1 fan? if not then what did you say when the original live games got pulled? are you on xlink playing them and i dont see the server? idk i guess what im trying to say is that the always online rumors arent really confirmed. the dude at the unveiling tonight even said you didnt require always online. we wont know until we can play it realy. as far as backwards compatibility goes i still have my xb1 and i plan to keep my 360. my xb1 is backwards compatible with anything 5th gen and under thanks to emulation. overall though the 720 i thought had some great ideas. yes they whored out the television aspect, but shit look at games like destiny, and ghost. even though the tv part got whored out some of the things on there like for fantasy football realy turn fantasy into a xb title. and destiny really does look dope as shit and i wanna be there when bungie takes the fps crown again. i enjoyed the xb1 and my 360. i will purchase the 720 im sure. xbox hasnt been perfect but they have contributed to many fond memories like halo 1 and gears of war lan parties, classic rom tournaments, halo 1 on xbox connect before halo 2 on live, clan matches on halo 2, making awesome halo 2 mods, rainbow six nights on kai, talking crap on cod, and overall ust chiling with all my bros on live/lan. ill give it a try. it just better not disappoint like halo 4. hitmeup on kai guys my kaitag is sashi. im so down for halo 2 or any other xb1 game thats decent. sorry if i dragged this post out im reall blitzed pop.gif

CC Rider

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 01:04:08 AM »

Quote: it was all way too much focused on USA, if you don't live like an American, you will not be grabbing an ALL-IN-ONE system called XBOX ONE.

Where's the love for your friends in the USA?

Thanks for the whine & bias.  It fits your Euro-centricity perfectly.

themashedavenger

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 02:09:58 AM »

Where's the love for your friends in the USA?

it would appear that ms has ur love, but they've region locked it.
theres plenty of reality to go round though smile.gif

i'm glad i'm not the only one that's very dissapointed

Edited by themashedavenger, 22 May 2013 - 10:11 AM.

relaxxx

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 04:29:04 AM »

I can't believe they named it Xbox ONE!?

I think they were going to call it "Xbox One Original, There Were No Others, You Were Only Dreaming"...
but they shortened it to just "Xbox ONE".

I'll just call it "I'll never buy ONE".

ekruob

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 06:59:03 AM »

Also being Windows 8 OS, it looks like it will TAKE a WHILE to boot-up...

Not sure what you mean by that?  My 4-year-old Core 2 Duo cold-boots W8 in about 7 seconds (including BIOS loading)!

About three times faster than W7.

So I doubt the Xbox One will take more than 0-3 seconds to cold-boot, and will probably have a stand-by mode where the memory chips remain powered whilst the rest sleeps.

Edited by ekruob, 22 May 2013 - 03:03 PM.

cyrilic

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 07:54:45 AM »

So I'm guessing with all this online connectivity required to play single player games it's going to be pretty difficult to run 'backups.'  Are the days of modifying optical drive firmware dead?

sabbath_dude

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 08:10:30 AM »

Don't know what to say other than I'm really disappointed. I've been a massive Xbox fan since the start and into video games all my life but I guess I'm just not in Microsoft's target market anymore.  blink.gif

The new system is way too restrictive in terms of DRM. The pre-owned paywall thing and zero backwards compatibility is the main deal breaker for me. Having to rely on the cloud and Microsoft's servers for many features is another reason I won't be picking one up. I also think they're making a big mistake focusing on TV/media over the games. The one advantage and selling point Microsoft have right now is their 360 library and focus on gaming. They're about to piss all that away!

I think I'm now done with console gaming. None of what Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo have to offer interests me anymore. Building a dedicated gaming PC is really looking very appealing to me now. Otherwise I'll just be sticking with my 360 and retro systems  biggrin.gif .

Only if this new system gets hacked and we're able to remove the horrible restrictions will I bite!  pop.gif

ca102455

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »

Looks like an old VHS VCR back from the 90's....

I think im just gonna go back to PC gaming.

Spooning

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »

Looks like an old VHS VCR back from the 90's....

...but a little bit uglier! I have never had such an ugly VHS  laugh.gif  

Lets hope it has more power than it looks like,lol

Lets wait and see as every time...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 16 queries.