xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Rrod After Attempted Demon + Cr3 Lite Install  (Read 151 times)

devin122

Rrod After Attempted Demon + Cr3 Lite Install
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:23:22 PM »

I installed my demon and cr3 lite. dumped my flash, and went to boot my stock nand as a sanity check and I get a rrod with secondary error code 0022. Completely removed the cr3 and the problem remains. Same thing happens when i try to boot from the demon NAND flashed with my dump.

Also  when i was installing the demon i was mistaken and thought i needed to remove the gpu x-clamp to get at one of the points. I did and I replaced the thermal compound while I was there. Also i lifted the POST pad when I was removing the CR3.

I'm the first to admit the soldering looks like crap (it didn't at the start but I had to rework it several times because it wasn't working and I couldn't for the life of me find my multimeter, also i was at my brother inlaws an he had some really shitty flux). However I have found it and there a no shorts between any of the points and they are all continuous to the alt points on the NAND chip. As far as I can tell the demon is in fact installed properly. Dumps look correct. And it must be at least partially good, as the SMC image is loaded from the NAND on start up. However the console still RRODs. On startup it sits for a while, and you can hear it reset looping (a very brief spike in the fan speed and i later measured a pulse on the cpu reset line). My based on the research I've done the 0022 error reflects a problem with the GPU, HANA chip, or the LDV. I looked at all the traces arround the HANA and gpu and they seem good. Also it would be weird for the LDV in the NAND to be being read incorrectly while the rest of the NAND seems to be working. So that leaves the possibility that somehow magically I managed to burn a bunch of efuses or I disturbed the GPU and it is no longer making good contact. The latter seems more likely but I wanted some further opinions.

Any thoughts?

PS. sorry for the weird flow of the writing, but I pieced it together from a number of other posts.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

deilzfcjk

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »

I could probably repair it for you.

devin122

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:20:22 PM »

Any idea on what the problem actually is? As far as i can tell the demon is installed fine

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 15 queries.