xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Aladdin Advance Xt Installation Tutorial  (Read 473 times)

Firebaall

Aladdin Advance Xt Installation Tutorial
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2004, 12:57:49 AM »

Whoa,

This thread's really grown since I checked last.

Evil Ryu,

How did you make out with your 1.6B xboxes?  I'm asking, since I've finally got a few 1.6b units in.

Edited by Firebaall, 15 December 2004 - 10:09 AM.

gamesun

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2004, 03:38:21 PM »

Was wondering if it mattered which part of the lpc port you put the header in and if you needed to remove any pins for a 1.1 xbox.
Thanks in advance.

Evil Ryu

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2004, 05:00:23 PM »

Firebaall

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2004, 11:19:30 PM »

ckh2004

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2004, 06:54:08 AM »

Thought I would share the good news...

jam9_secretagent

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2004, 04:32:42 AM »

sorry guys i am kind of just budding in but this seemed the right place to ask this question so here it goes. I was reading up on your responses on page 3 which suggested a SAFE ALWAYS ON trick for the XT, now could the same thing be done for an ALLADIN LIVE chip where i cut the lframe?? If so then is there any need of connectind d0 to my chip or connecting d0 at all?

ckh2004

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

I was reading up on your responses on page 3 which suggested a SAFE ALWAYS ON trick for the XT, now could the same thing be done for an ALLADIN LIVE chip where i cut the lframe?? If so then is there any need of connectind d0 to my chip or connecting d0 at all?

First of all, the cutting of top LFRAME trace on the mb is only applicable to v1.6/v1.6b and not the earlier versions.

Yes, the same technique also applies to all mod chips, just like LPC rebuild is common to all v1.6 installs.

In addition, some mod chips require additional steps to enable:

Aladdin XT - short BT on chip to pin 2 of quicksolder area (GND) or connect BT and L1 to the same point

DuoX 2 - short BT on chip to pin 9 (3.3V)

Aladdin Live or Super Live - nothing to do smile.gif

jam9_secretagent

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2004, 01:28:35 PM »

so basically i dont need the d0 point once i do the lframe?

and one more question when i m soldering the pin header to the mobo do i solder all 9 points to the LPC or only 4?

ckh2004

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2004, 02:44:31 PM »

so basically i dont need the d0 point once i do the lframe?

Yes, once you cut the top LFRAME trace on mb, you don't need to connect D0 on mod chip. The xbox will always attempt to boot from mod chip.

and one more question when i m soldering the pin header to the mobo do i solder all 9 points to the LPC or only 4?

Get a full 12-pin male pin header, remove pin 4 (you have to do that for v1.0-1.5 anyway), then solder the male pin header to the LPC port on mb. Then do the full LPC rebuild by following SmartXX guide. Ignore LFRAME/D0 connection in this case.

Plug in the Aladdin chip with the female pin header. That is all for Aladdin Live / Super Live smile.gif

Dangerously_Cheesy

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2005, 12:03:51 AM »

Can I get a wire/quicksolder tutorial for the Aladdin XT on a v1.0-1.5??? Much appreciated smile.gif

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 17 queries.