xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: :uhh: Xbox Live Communicator Kit, Headphones Used In Game?  (Read 160 times)

rewind94

:uhh: Xbox Live Communicator Kit, Headphones Used In Game?
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:53:13 PM »

OK. Basicaly i want to have a headphones to use on my xbox. i want it to be full compatibly ( what i mean by that is that it works in all games and can listen to music in XBMC etc) Now i know i could use a RCA to headphone jack converter, but what i want to know is if an xbox live communicator kit and plug headphones into that and use them as fully compatible headphones, even for listening to music in XBMC

fallenangle

:uhh: Xbox Live Communicator Kit, Headphones Used In Game?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 03:13:22 PM »

Wait for confirmation before dismissing the idea but I think the answer is no it doesn't work.

I can't be sure because the Live kit I have was supplied as an unlisted freebe with the last used Xbox I bought off eBay. So whether it is working correctly I have no idea.

All I know is that I was playing around with it for the first time only this week and I couldn't get anything out using the UnleashX dash or XBMC. So I'm assuming it only works online.  

Horrible piece of design and why the non-standard mini-jack?

IMHO you'd be far better off either getting the audio via the TV if that has a headphone jack, alternatively get some headphones with built in amp or best solution: using the S/PDIF/TOSLink optical out + decent AV/headphone amp.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 14 queries.