xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Modding Tape Lol  (Read 195 times)

SNAAAKE

Modding Tape Lol
« on: July 26, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »

I noticed in some pictures dude use some kind of red transparent tape to secure the wiring. where do get those??

generally I use hotglue but its getting annoying. plus randomly burned myself(was very minor but wtf!) the other day =(

also is duct tape a good idea? thought i red somewhere that it carries electricity. can someone verify that?

deilzfcjk

Modding Tape Lol
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 09:58:30 PM »

I don't use anything. dudes. I just use etape. Black kind.

thugsters

Modding Tape Lol
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 10:15:18 PM »

I've always used the kapton tape myself, the kind I use for taping down my tc's when doing reflows

ellena

Modding Tape Lol
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »

I noticed in some pictures dude use some kind of red transparent tape to secure the wiring. where do get those??

generally I use hotglue but its getting annoying. plus randomly burned myself(was very minor but wtf!) the other day =(

also is duct tape a good idea? thought i red somewhere that it carries electricity. can someone verify that?

Its called Kapton tape, get it cheap ebay or dealextreme.  Its more of a orange/brownish color, resistant to heat and very durable.

Hotglue is so overkill and messy, abandoned it long ago.  Duct tape too sticky and difficult to remove, with lots of residue.

Edited by ellena, 28 July 2012 - 05:22 PM.

SNAAAKE

Modding Tape Lol
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »

cool thanks thats what I was looking for.

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 14 queries.