xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Xboxhdm 2.2 Usb Remove All Media Error  (Read 193 times)

'tellusis'

NULL
« on: July 24, 2012, 10:19:44 PM »

'
               i have set my 16g usb up to boot the xboxhdm from the bios but as soon as it boots it says something about remove all disks or other media from drive. i am using a usb ide adapter on a laptop and i have removed everything from my computer, i even disabled my dvd drive from the device manager. any solutions?

'

'ldotsfan'

NULL
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:40:13 AM »

'
               You have to provide more details on what exactly you were trying to do, for example:
1. Are you doing a hdd upgrade or hotswapping to softmod?
2. Are you following any tutorial? Which one? How did you prepare/format the usb drive?
3. Disabling dvd drive in Windows Device manager doesn't do anything useful since xboxhdm is Linux.
4. Are you aware for the most part, an usb ide adapter won't be able to lock a new hdd unless it uses specific chipset?

Edited by ldotsfan, 25 July 2012 - 04:40 PM.

'

'tellusis'

NULL
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:33:21 PM »

'
               i am trying to softmod an unmodded xbox. i was not aware of the ide adapter issue with locking drives. i was hoping xboxhdm usb 2.2 would help since it doesnt require a primary ide channel.

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jul 25 2012, 04:40 PM) View Post

You have to provide more details on what exactly you were trying to do, for example:
1. Are you doing a hdd upgrade or hotswapping to softmod?
2. Are you following any tutorial? Which one? How did you prepare/format the usb drive?
3. Disabling dvd drive in Windows Device manager doesn't do anything useful since xboxhdm is Linux.
4. Are you aware for the most part, an usb ide adapter won't be able to lock a new hdd unless it uses specific chipset?

i tried to use your guide with qemu and it got me the farthest out of my other attempts but xbrowser nor xboxhd can pick up an xbox partison

'

ldotsfan

Xboxhdm 2.2 Usb Remove All Media Error
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:19:45 AM »

You meant scullc's qemu guide included int the xboxhdm2.2 download?

How exactly are you doing the hotswapping?

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 16 queries.