xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Ugrading Ndure Softmod Via Ftp  (Read 157 times)

armando20_02

Ugrading Ndure Softmod Via Ftp
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:29:15 PM »

Hi All,

I recently moved across the country with my trusty Xbox 1.0, which I've loved since purchase on launch day. I softmodded it a few years ago with the Ndure via Xboxhdm, but I'm not sure as to the specific exploit used. It's currently running UnleashX without any eject option (MS Dash/etc.), thus will just boot to UnleashX regardless of Eject/Power.

I'd like to give this thing a fresh softmod/dash upgrade and probably run XBMC along with the MS Dash on eject. I've attempted to use AID's 4.5 installer disc, but I just get black screens, regardless of media/burning options. I figure there's got to be a way to upgrade the existing softmod/dash through FTP, but I can't find any tutorials post-2007. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? I have FTP access to my PC and I'm running an upgraded (80 GB) HDD. I'm figuring that there should be some way to just clear the C/E/F partitions and overwrite them with an updated dash/softmod.

I should also point out that it seems that the C is being ghosted (clear on FTP and File Explorer in UnleashX) and I also have my EEPROM backed up to my PC.

Thanks!

ldotsfan

Ugrading Ndure Softmod Via Ftp
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:21:59 AM »

Google "Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc".  Description of what it does

Option 2.1 or 2.2 should upgrade your xbox to the latest softmod: KIngroach's or Krayzie's BUT Ndure is still state of the art as far as softmods are concerned. So unless something is broken, I don't see the point of this ''upgrade'. You are probably using one of the version of Kingroach Ndure since you took the hotswapping route with xboxhdm.

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 16 queries.