xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Ndure Softmod Through Xboxhdm  (Read 4293 times)

Fruitonice

Ndure Softmod Through Xboxhdm
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2012, 05:43:53 AM »

Hi

I am new to the forum and I am looking at modding my xbox360 arcade is this tutorial the correct one to follow and is the excellent tutorial on the first page still current to follow as I have been having some difficulty finding a tutorial thats as well laid out and easy to follow but also finding all the required files is also been proving difficult as a lot of tutorials have dead links.

Many thanks for you help in advance.

Heimdall

« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2012, 06:01:22 AM »

This is an Xbox 1 forum, and an Xbox 1 topic. You should post your question in the Xbox 360 newbie forum..... for obvious reasons.

Fruitonice

« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »

This is an Xbox 1 forum, and an Xbox 1 topic. You should post your question in the Xbox 360 newbie forum..... for obvious reasons.

Thanks for that I got to this thread by google search sorry for posting here.

EphGirl

« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »

I followed the softmod tutorial to a T using the front page post. It worked. UnleashX booted up perfectly after I disconnected from the PC and back into the XBOX.

However, when I tried to install a larger hdd (Maxtor 120gb, supported from the compatibility list) I ran into problems. I backed up the EEPROM files using ConfigMagic. I renamed the file to EEPROM.bin and put it into the EEPROM folder just like the instructions say on the front post FAQ. I ran the special UnleashX xbe that gives you full access to C and E partitions and I backed them up via FTP and placed them in the xboxhdm directories. I made the iso and burnt it to dvd. The only hiccup I kept encountering was when running lockhd -a it never finds the EEPROM. So I placed it on a floppy. If I tell it to check from floppy it can always lock the drive. I've done this 3-4 times already. I continually get ERROR 06 when I am done and plug into the XBOX.

Ideas? From what I've gathered this is some sort of locking issue, but the drive is locked.

ldotsfan

« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2012, 05:42:34 PM »

Run the special UnleashX - which is actually ndts before you backup eeprom with ConfigMagic to bypass virtual eeprom

EphGirl

« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »

Run the special UnleashX - which is actually ndts before you backup eeprom with ConfigMagic to bypass virtual eeprom

So I did everything fine, except I locked the larger hdd with a virtual eeprom?

I'm on vacation now, but as soon as I get home I'll do what you said and see what happens. I'll run that special UnleashX, then run ConfigMagic, then dump the EEPROM to my desktop via FTP, then send it to floppy, then run the xboxhdm. Should I unlock the larger hdd with the virtual eeprom already on the floppy then re-lock it with the real eeprom? Or does it matter?

stu_da_baker

« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2012, 02:34:50 PM »

Hello again XS! I've done a few chip mods years ago, and now decided to try my hand at a softmod, and it's driving me batty!! I've followed this tut and I'm having a problem when I go to hotswap, using xboxhdm 1.9, I swap from MS dash to pc, press 1 and pc display just goes to a black screen with no prompt, every time. Did I screw up making the ISO? Should I get some kind of message if the drive is still locked? I've burned it twice, making sure to rename the ndure.htm to just ndure.

Primary IDE master connector with DVD drive on Secondary IDE alone.

I've searched for the black screen problem with xboxhdm for 2 days now and haven't been able to find anything on it.

It's either a v1.2 or 1.3 xbox (not sure because the links in the tutorial for xbox versions are dead) NTSC NA

Thanks for any advice!

stu_da_baker

« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2012, 08:22:02 PM »

Well, got it sorted,  it was a crazy dumb reason, and I will put away my pride and tell about it in case someone else runs across this! I had unplugged all usb devices, but I had forgotten about a usb card reader that was plugged directly into the motherboard, which was causing xboxhdm to hang. Unplugged that, and the rest went as planned! Got it done!

EphGirl

« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »

Well guys I am truly stumped. I ran the special UnleashX and then dumped the EEPROM from ConfigMagic and then re-locked the larger hdd w/ the EEPROM and it still spits out error 06 when I connect it to the XBOX.

I have no idea what else is going on. I've followed instructions on everything. Please brainstorm ideas here.

ldotsfan

« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »

@EplGirl

1. What version is your xbox? 1.6?
2. ndts has eeprom backup as well. Can't remember if eeprom.bin backup is on E:\ or E:\NKP11. Compare that with your copy from ConfigMagic and verify serial no. with LiveInfo on PC.
3. What version of ConfigMagic was used?
4. Make sure the correct copy of eeprom.bin.

andwan0

« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2012, 02:28:59 AM »

Q: How can I uninstall the softmod?
A: Since you backed up your C drive before installing the softmod, you can "reload" the backup and go back to a retail state. To do this, launch Ndure Toolset and choose Restore From HD Backup.

It's been so long since i last soft-modded my XBOX using this method. After doing this method I installed XBMC as my default dashboard.

Now I would like to un soft-mod. How can I get to Ndure Toolset?

ldotsfan

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2012, 07:37:51 PM »

@andwan0:

e:\ndts\default.xbe

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 16 queries.