xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Xecuter Fusion is Coming...  (Read 1191 times)

The Prankster

Xecuter Fusion is Coming...
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »

This is great news to hear. I first got actively involved with Xbox1 modding once Xecuter finally got involved. I've yet to even bother with Xbox 360.

The main feature I'd be looking for is XBMC, even though that's seperate from XBMC, am I not the only one sick and tired of using PS3 Media Server/TVersity for MKV support?

Summing up-

XBMC & the ability to install a LARGE 1TB and up drive as the main drive. Plus the ability to create the 'F*** M$' logo upon bootup... was always my favorite for Xbox1 logos.

I can do without everything else, but I'm sure others can't.

Great work Xecuter!  biggrin.gif

drewZen

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 10:21:36 AM »

what will this really add... jtag/reset glitch consoles already run unsigned code. XBMC can run on these now but the team has chosen not to do it from what I read awhile back. I remember doing custom boot logos on xbox1 but that isnt a big deal to me...

boflc

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 10:22:59 AM »

Also everyone is killing me with the mkv support. My samsung tv/dvdplayer/galaxy tab 10.1 and xbox 360 using windows media center stream mkvs. Years ago i could see it being a problem but now every new dvdplayer and tv supports divx aswell as h.264. Not trying to brag jus curious why so many ppl starve for such a feature when even smart phones are capable. off topic check out samsungs new series 8 models. Mind boggli love.gif ng

nah id prefer not to have to pull my 1tb external HDD out of my JTAG and to have to plug it into my TV every time i want to watch a mkv film

XBMC will be bad ass cant wait, been waiting for it since the release date of the xbox360.

great news!!

'pigbait'

NULL
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:14 AM »

'
               so this being a custom kernel would this mean that a glich chip would only be required to set up the kernel then once flashed to nand and stuff the chip could be removed? and xbox would boot to custom kernel

'

'DaBuisneZ'

NULL
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 10:45:24 AM »

'
               Good point pigbait but sounds to good to be true. Also plz keep in mind the name "fusion". Was picked for a reason which could be fusion of stock dash and modded or using it with demon for stock and new kernel. As for now its all speculation but as i said before without some dev support and some  uber great software its jus another gimmick to add to the gimmicky tree.

Also everyone is killing me with the mkv support. My samsung tv/dvdplayer/galaxy tab 10.1 and xbox 360 using windows media center stream mkvs. Years ago i could see it being a problem but now every new dvdplayer and tv supports divx aswell as h.264. Not trying to brag jus curious why so many ppl starve for such a feature when even smart phones are capable. off topic check out samsungs new series 8 models. Mind boggli love.gif ng

'

'Gazc0igne'

NULL
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 11:03:16 AM »

'

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Mar 2 2012, 06:45 PM) View Post

nah id prefer not to have to pull my 1tb external HDD out of my JTAG and to have to plug it into my TV every time i want to watch a mkv film

XBMC will be bad ass cant wait, been waiting for it since the release date of the xbox360.

great news!!

'

0wing

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 11:18:59 AM »

This is great news to hear. I first got actively involved with Xbox1 modding once Xecuter finally got involved. I've yet to even bother with Xbox 360.

The main feature I'd be looking for is XBMC, even though that's seperate from XBMC, am I not the only one sick and tired of using PS3 Media Server/TVersity for MKV support?

Summing up-

XBMC & the ability to install a LARGE 1TB and up drive as the main drive. Plus the ability to create the 'F*** M$' logo upon bootup... was always my favorite for Xbox1 logos.

I can do without everything else, but I'm sure others can't.

Great work Xecuter!  biggrin.gif

Team-XBMC has no interest in porting XBMC to the 360, ever.

ddxcb

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 11:31:15 AM »

so this being a custom kernel would this mean that a glich chip would only be required to set up the kernel then once flashed to nand and stuff the chip could be removed? and xbox would boot to custom kernel

I don't know why people think this is a new kernel or a custom one. It's a dev kit kernel. Same stuff that we got back in Oct. 09, aka freeboot/XBR/GGboot.

Of cource the Glitch chip is needed to boot to the modded kernel, just like GGboot or xell. The chain of trust is still there and needed to be hack to obtain access to the system.

mrdude2478

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »

It would be good if you could use this kernel to watch iplayer, faceboot etc without the need for xbox live.

Personally the features I'd like to see in this kernel are as follows.:

XBMC
Built in xlink kai - without needing a computer.
Abilty to assign internet sites like youtube, iplayer, faceboot, etc to a menu.
Abilty to play all 360/xbox 1 backups, homebrew etc (already we have this).
Better video codecs.
Built in server/client for streaming from on to upnp devices + dlna support.
Ping patch without the need for dashlaunch.
Abilty to easily mod the menu's - ie skinable.

This would be awesome, but looking forward to it none the less.

Edited by mrdude2478, 02 March 2012 - 08:32 PM.

ploggy

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2012, 11:40:50 AM »

If XBMC is a no go. people should try to port Showtime Mediaplayer to the 360.

http://www.lonelycod...showtime/boards

scibot

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 11:50:22 AM »

I really love this, but aren't we kinda a bit too late to ever really fully appreciate this?

I suppose that depends on the release date for the new Xbox 3/720, but with the slow pace of homebrew in general for the 360 (so many unfinished projects) I feel as tho this may be an awesome addition, but too late to use it to its full potential.

But, as always I'm prepared to be proven wrong.

warbeast

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 12:16:36 PM »

two different things and i do not see that happening.

so ur saying they cant add virtual efuses the same way freeboot and xbr does on jtag?

would be nice not to have to mess about every time a retail update is out plus would save alot of hassel with noobs that have demon fitted without knowing what they are doing...

Edited by warbeast, 02 March 2012 - 09:28 PM.

STICKY_BUD

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 12:17:23 PM »

they will have to show a lot more than that to get me excited... making claims with pictures and no video proof has been done before.

RRoD420

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 12:28:54 PM »

they will have to show a lot more than that to get me excited... making claims with pictures and no video proof has been done before.

When has TX ever done that!?  blink.gif

Of coarse I'm also excited with this and RGH2 news. Be nice to have dashlaunch features built into a dashboard that can play any media file I throw at it.  
It doesn't have to be the XBMC team, anybody that has the skills to port XBMC or Showtime would get a donation from me

I don't care at all if I have to buy some mod chip hardware either.

Edited by modslave, 02 March 2012 - 09:38 PM.

'modslave'

NULL
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »

'

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Mar 2 2012, 09:17 PM) View Post

When has TX ever done that!?  blink.gif

Of coarse I'm also excited with this and RGH2 news. Be nice to have dashlaunch features built into a dashboard that can play any media file I throw at it.  
It doesn't have to be the XBMC team, anybody that has the skills to port XBMC or Showtime would get a donation from me

I don't care at all if I have to buy some mod chip hardware either.

Edited by modslave, 02 March 2012 - 09:38 PM.

'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 15 queries.