xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Xecuter Fusion is Coming...  (Read 1194 times)

'gehx'

NULL
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »

'

QUOTE(The Dude Z @ Mar 1 2012, 11:36 PM) View Post

One must wonder if this will be a mod chip or TSOP style setup.
In any event this will be sweeeeet and hopefully someone will develop a media player for it that will finally play .mkv-x264 content !! Cant Wait  blink.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
pop.gif

'

'xiaNaix'

NULL
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 10:30:30 PM »

'

QUOTE(The Dude Z @ Mar 1 2012, 11:36 PM) View Post

One must wonder if this will be a mod chip or TSOP style setup.
In any event this will be sweeeeet and hopefully someone will develop a media player for it that will finally play .mkv-x264 content !! Cant Wait  blink.gif

It's a kernel that can be flashed to the nand - same as current nand images with JTAG / RGH

I expect it to be the same as Xecuter's XB1 days when all their bios's worked with any modchip. Theirs just happened to be the best mods hence why they were more popular.

Regarding media player - there has been a lot of talk on IRC that XBMC is going to be ported to the 360 now - just deciding if its gonna be libxenon or xdk - my bet is xdk as i know that libxeneon is doing some other cool media player stuff atm too.

Fun times ahead

'

'Marcheslav'

NULL
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »

'
               So excited.....so much want......

'

'warbeast'

NULL
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 02:37:56 AM »

'
               cant wait im already wanting fusion hardware addons X360LCD lol

'

'iwanttheagrocrag'

NULL
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 03:20:47 AM »

'
               YAAAAAAY! And the croud goes wild!

'

'smeppy'

NULL
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 03:39:34 AM »

'
               Ive been here lurking since 2005 and haven't posted anything yet. The only thing i have to say is to everyone that was rampantly hating on xecuter for the past 4 years. Whether it was for being "over priced" or making products primarily used by noob's. Where are you all at now?. Ive modded numerous PlayStation's and Xboxes. Ive even connected the lockout chip to a switch in my old SNES to play imports.
Ive been modding home electronics since the C64. Is there anyone else here that remembers making burst nibbler cables for the old C64's ?.
I guess my point is a lot of spoiled kids expect to have their cake and eat it too. We've even got the "leet haxors" who in reality don't know their arse from a hole in the ground and all they can do is bitch and moan about how they cant get all the newest games for free, just check the PS3 scene for proof.
The bottom line is that it takes a lot of time, patience and skill to make these things happen and finally someone delivers a complete replacement kernel for the 360 and Ill bet my bollocks that more than a few people will be crying about it. Its Kinda sad really...

Edited by smeppy, 02 March 2012 - 12:42 PM.

'

'darklord88'

NULL
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 03:39:59 AM »

'
               shit just got real!

cant wait

'

'DaBuisneZ'

NULL
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 05:42:21 AM »

'
               Well now that was a nice treat to com home too. This must be said though. No point in a great kernel if there isnt any good homebrew to take advantage of it. So far 360 has atleast a dozen emus all of which are partially done.

So as exciting as this news is i would be happier to see some emus getting updated aswell as some true homebrew features. Changing the boot ani is super sweet and all but playing n64, nds, or dreamcast stuff would take the cake. Ofcourse an xmbc port would demolish any other project as far as popularity. Tx needs to light a fire under some devs arses in order to make this new kernel even more appealing.

'

'barnhilltrckn'

NULL
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 06:42:16 AM »

'

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Mar 2 2012, 08:42 AM) View Post

Well now that was a nice treat to com home too. This must be said though. No point in a great kernel if there isnt any good homebrew to take advantage of it. So far 360 has atleast a dozen emus all of which are partially done.

So as exciting as this news is i would be happier to see some emus getting updated aswell as some true homebrew features. Changing the boot ani is super sweet and all but playing n64, nds, or dreamcast stuff would take the cake. Ofcourse an xmbc port would demolish any other project as far as popularity. Tx needs to light a fire under some devs arses in order to make this new kernel even more appealing.

Dont worry about the emulators. There is a good project in the works that is going to blow everybody away. Nes, Snes, Sega, And VBA will be coming with ALOT of great features and great compatability. Shouldnt be too long before its ready for the public so thats all I will say about it. ph34r.gif

But back OT it is nice to see TX get beack to its roots, I am still running good ole 4983 on my xbox. The only thing that makes me wonder is what else do they really have to bring to the table when it comes to a custom kernal?? Every restriction that the 360 has is allready removed so other than custom boot logos and such I really see nothing else they can bring. Hopefully they can bring some new things in and maybe even see the 360 reach levels that the xbox did.

Another thing I am worried about is if we can flash this directly to our nand or will we need a DemoN to be able to run this kernal. I took a look at the TX forums and an admin over there said a DemoN is needed. Personally I do not need one as I have a cygnos in my slim now. I am perfectly happy with it running a RGH image on one nand and RgLoader on the other. Hopefully this part will also be like the old xbox days where you can use the TX kernal on anything.

Edited by barnhilltrckn, 02 March 2012 - 03:43 PM.

'

'Hoescout'

NULL
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 06:58:51 AM »

'

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Mar 2 2012, 03:42 PM) View Post

Exactly this. Personally I also think we need xbmc. Everything else is not interesting. We have some emus already which work ok.. Maybe YT app or something for jtags but thats about it. The real deal is still the XBMC. Everything else works already and I have to agree to barn. Every restriction is in fact already removed. Theres not much left they can do in this direction.

I know its not easy ofc. Is there a linux driver for the xbox gpu with full access to hardware acceleration? Or let me ask this way- is the xbox gpu capable of accelerating h264 decoding etc.? Or does the cpu handle all the video stuff?

Edited by Hoescout, 02 March 2012 - 04:00 PM.

'

'RDJ134'

NULL
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 07:11:30 AM »

'
               Custom boot screen sounds awsome, i never tought the 'good old days' would be back. If the roumors are true and there will be a XBMC with MKV support is would be awsome. I still have a E74 1st gen Xbox around waiting for a new project smile.gif

Edited by RDJ134, 02 March 2012 - 04:12 PM.

'

'SZaiaku'

NULL
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 07:13:26 AM »

'
               I guess now I have to look into ways of flashing kernels now. Please tell me I don't have to buy any more hardware to be able to use this.

'

'DaBuisneZ'

NULL
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »

'
               Im with you guys in wondering if this will be demon exclusive.Hopefully it is trully a return to the old days and we can use it with any glitch chip or jtag for that matter. Sadly the root of all evil the all mighty dollar will probaly burst our bubble. As far as new features go what i see is stock dash doing pretty much everything freestyle does. Now if they managed to enable online to all live games using kai or some other p2p then wowza they would truly have a feat to match that surprisngly well made video....... rolleyes.gif

P.S Great to hear someone is working on something special for emus. By the way you said it it seemed maybe a AIO emu possibly? If so ill throw a benji your way if you make it pull boxart thx in advance  love.gif

'

'boflc'

NULL
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »

'

QUOTE(SZaiaku @ Mar 2 2012, 11:13 AM) View Post
Please tell me I don't have to buy any more hardware to be able to use this.

it's a different kernel is all; should work on all exploited consoles.

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Mar 2 2012, 12:00 PM) View Post
Im with you guys in wondering if this will be demon exclusive.

it isn't a demon exclusive, as it's just a different set of bl's, patches, etc.  from what i can gather, it was work that was once abandoned and has recently been taken up again (by other folks).

'

'warbeast'

NULL
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 10:10:25 AM »

'
               the main thing i hope they do is remove the need to increase the ldv every time the retail side takes a update

'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 15 queries.