xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Cd-burner?  (Read 100 times)

kungfudriveby

Cd-burner?
« on: October 11, 2002, 12:19:26 AM »

Hey i was wondering if it would now be possible to install a cd burner to burn from linux (im not a linux guy so im assuming you can do that)....im just wondering cause im thinking of doing that 3 drive switch thing and using 1 hd for my linux and 1 for my og drive and then hook a dvd or cd burner to the linux drive....and if any of these questions sound stupid, be nice, im not mr. wizard.

KFDB ph34r.gif                                      

N00bvin

Cd-burner?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2002, 10:04:07 AM »

I don't see why any USB device wouldn't work with Mandrake...

However, your external burner would only work when you have Mandrake booted up.

I'm not too familiar with the install, but don't you have to use the dev bios?                                      

kungfudriveby

Cd-burner?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2002, 10:15:12 PM »

USB burner? so you would basicly do a keyboard mod on a external cdburner? i was thinking a regular internal cdburner.....

KFDB                                    

opjose

Cd-burner?
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2002, 10:56:39 PM »

It might work if Mandrake implements the IDE scsi drivers.

Weird though. Why would you want to do this?

You couldn't read "original" games, you could only use it under Mandrake, many gui apps wouldn't look right, etc.

kungfudriveby

Cd-burner?
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2002, 09:28:31 AM »

Hmm.... you wouldnt be able to read originals? cause i was thinking i could rip a game to the hard drive and then burn it off onto dvd media.... im just throwing out ideas.... would it be possible to have the xbox drive communicate with the linux drive? or even have a second drive, plus a xbox drive, plus a dvd burner....or wait....thats a computer, lol, but for real im just curious.

KFDB ph34r.gif                                      

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 17 queries.