xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Slower Transfer Speeds W/ Crossover Than Through Router  (Read 151 times)

jaroc

Slower Transfer Speeds W/ Crossover Than Through Router
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:16:57 AM »

As the title suggests I'm getting an average transfer speed of 700 kb/s with a crossover cable straight from my laptop to my xbox, while getting an average speed of 8 mb/s when they are both connected to my router. I've tried changing the duplex mode to both 10/full and 100/full with the same results. Is there anything else I can try? Or if someone can offer an explanation that would be awesome.

1hotjob

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:22:01 AM »

When I connect to my laptop, I boot it first. Log into Windows, or just wait for it to load. I have my laptop set to a static IP. I then boot the Xbox which has the same static IP info with a different last address. My speeds are great. You may need to check the cable if all else fails.

jaroc

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 01:47:45 PM »

Same setup as you and the cable is brand new. This is frustrating, considering the tv I like to keep my xbox on is in a different room than my router.

1hotjob

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »

Have you checked passive mode in the FTP software?

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 16 queries.