xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: xKey Hardware Unveiled, Spring Update, And More!  (Read 1351 times)

Ranger72

xKey Hardware Unveiled, Spring Update, And More!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 08:46:23 AM »

I dont understand the excitement over this....one updated MS dashboard update that blocks this emulation hardware from running and the customer is out $100+ bucks!
Am I missing something obvious here?

This runs between the motherboard and the DVD drive over the SATA connection. As long as the portable Linux device can do a good job at emulating c4eva firmware they should no more be able to block it as they can c4eva firmware in DVD drives.

As for the price yes it is a bit steep. But considering you are buying a very small portable Linux machine the price is about right for the hardware you are getting.

GeToChKn

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »

thats not to say this thing is undetectable, as we know MS has even banned box's with the 12v fan mod so im sure they will be testing with this themselves looking for slight diffrences in voltages and data speeds between the drive and the xbox.

Proof that Xbox has banned a system for 12v fan mods.  Really, this has been going around for like 4 years without any proof.  Urban Legend.I've fixed probably 400 360's with the RROD and did the 12v on every single one of them.  Not a single ban.

bill16504

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 09:31:38 AM »

Great idea but way to expensive for me.

It's listed @ �78 here in the UK - now just how many Verbatim Dual Layer DVD's can I buy for that???

Big respects to the guys for their hard work but this isn't for me....

And after you've bought and used up those Verbs.... then what? You're going to go out and spend more money over and over on discs.

GeToChKn

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 09:39:21 AM »

And after you've bought and used up those Verbs.... then what? You're going to go out and spend more money over and over on discs.

Especially if they start randomly changing ap2.5 keys.  You already have to reburn all the ap2.5 games from 12625 to 13146.  MS can change the ap2.5 challenge response anytime they want.  Tell me how much you're saving when you have 19 copies of COD sitting around.

warbeast

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »

i have a jtag and never use live but if i had a new slim with a 0225 or 0401 that needs a $75 blank pcb then i would rather pay a bit more for this  tongue.gif

Edited by warbeast, 16 June 2011 - 06:00 PM.

Nicotine

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 10:02:14 AM »

i give it a month till we see clones.

themodman

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2011, 10:25:48 AM »

Very impressed. Looking forward to this being released. For some people this will be a great option. Like OzModchips said, not everyone flashes there own consoles.

itoktoeatfish

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2011, 10:51:33 AM »

Proof that Xbox has banned a system for 12v fan mods.  Really, this has been going around for like 4 years without any proof.  Urban Legend.I've fixed probably 400 360's with the RROD and did the 12v on every single one of them.  Not a single ban.

+1 Ive done a bunch of 12v fans and havent seen any of them get banned.

I like the idea of the xkey. It would take awhile for it to pay it self off tho, say $150 for the xkey and a external hdd, thats alot of verbatums. But on the other hand think of all the time spent burning games.

360fan123

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 10:57:53 AM »

doesnt look that great really

A.D.I.D.A.S

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 11:29:15 AM »

They are $104 at Foundmy

also what is the difference between this and the X360USB Pro by Team Xecuter for almost half the cost?

scott85213

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 12:25:44 PM »

They are $104 at Foundmy
also what is the difference between this and the X360USB Pro by Team Xecuter for almost half the cost?

The X360USB is for flashing the dvd drives via USB connection to a computer instead of SATA, not emulating them inside an xbox.

I wonder if the XODE is real and ends up delivering pretty soon since they were bragging half the price of the xKey.

Edited by scott85213, 16 June 2011 - 08:27 PM.

CardnalSyn

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 12:31:08 PM »

How much is a new 360 going for in US?
Its about $400 AUD here, so the xKey is abot a 1/3 of the console it sits in, which is pretty cheap.

you can buy a new 360 4gb for $200USD, which makes this thing over half the price. it a great concept, but if this cant keep you from gettin banned from live, youll do better buying another system to keep as a backup if you already havent done so.

dom0012

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »

i already got a jtag but this is sweet.. wonder if its live capable, probably not though.

ModchipCentral.com

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »

They are $104 at Foundmy

Add shipping and its the same price everwhere else.  Everewhere else is about $119 with free shipping smile.gif

HotKnife420

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 02:06:27 PM »

Especially if they start randomly changing ap2.5 keys.  You already have to reburn all the ap2.5 games from 12625 to 13146.  MS can change the ap2.5 challenge response anytime they want.  Tell me how much you're saving when you have 19 copies of COD sitting around.

A 20-pack of verbs costs $20. So far AP2.5 titles have gone from no AP, to table 1, to table 2. Once we have a public way to extract your own DAE tables then it's very possible that they'll change less. Even still, you'd have to be playing the same game through 20 dash updates, which at the rate MS pumps them out, would take about 10 years. There will be more than 10 new COD games within that same timespan, so verbs are still a very viable solution for those who wish to backup their games (especially for those with samsung/hitachi drives).

Edited by HotKnife420, 16 June 2011 - 10:11 PM.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 16 queries.