xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: xKey Hardware Unveiled, Spring Update, And More!  (Read 2154 times)

Xbox-Scene

xKey Hardware Unveiled, Spring Update, And More!
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:09:22 PM »

Posted by XanTium | June 16 00:09 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From x360key.com:

We have posted a new video showing the actual xKey hardware running Halo Reach with the new AP25 data on a X360 Slim with the Spring Update installed.

We are in the final development stage, and after due testing the product is set for an early July release.

Official Site: http://x360key.com

tomgreen99200

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:20:55 PM »

Wow that is impressive. The only thing holding this thing back is safety. Will it be safe on LIVE? C4e doesn't seem to think so. That being said, it will be a great toy for those that don't care about LIVE.

edit: Who knows I might be completely wrong. I'm just going by what c4e has said.

Edited by tomgreen99200, 16 June 2011 - 06:21 AM.

CptLSD

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:21:12 PM »

Does this use c4eva's firmware???

RRoD420

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:32:33 PM »

c4e said it's detectable but i really don't see how, its running his fw and it seems like he has it figured out. It's just imitating. I also think c4e is really 'team-xecuter' and they have all these fw releases organized with hardware for sale laugh.gif

OzModChips

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:55:55 PM »

Herro,

They are extremly busy finishing the hardware and software for as many slim drives as they can.
The live issue will be addressed with the first update (1.1) which will come soon after the device comes out.

Please remember that this device is a Linux box. I.e. Its a mini computer thats extremly powerful in what it can do and trick the xbox into thinking it can do. It's only limited by the creativity of 'The Artificer' who is the coder on the project (and he is one creative mofo).

CardnalSyn

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »

neat, but holy crap. its $119.

tomgreen99200

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 11:12:21 PM »

neat, but holy crap. its $119.

ohmy.gif Yea that is high. Better pricing and I consider it. Very kool idea.

OzModChips

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »

How much is a new 360 going for in US?
Its about $400 AUD here, so the xKey is abot a 1/3 of the console it sits in, which is pretty cheap.

xboxhaxorz

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 11:14:35 PM »

it probably will be detected, i bet live can detect if a disk is inside the tray. however i dont think they can detect which disk is inside so as long as a game is inside your fine.

pure speculation of course

linflas

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 11:15:48 PM »

Herro,

They are extremly busy finishing the hardware and software for as many slim drives as they can.
The live issue will be addressed with the first update (1.1) which will come soon after the device comes out.

Please remember that this device is a Linux box. I.e. Its a mini computer thats extremly powerful in what it can do and trick the xbox into thinking it can do. It's only limited by the creativity of 'The Artificer' who is the coder on the project (and he is one creative mofo).

So this will be launched without "live" support, until an update.  Very curious about this project, Sony was very efficiently able to eliminate the USB dongle from use by limiting what would run through USB to baranded items.  A custom firmware was then needed for jail breaking.

I have a lot of questions about the long term viability of this product on "live" I am sure this would be awesome for a non j-tagged system, especially if Xbox marketplace games and content could be loaded from this as well.

Thanks for your input and explanations OzModChips

jackeroo75

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 11:15:59 PM »

ohmy.gif Yea that is high. Better pricing and I consider it. Very kool idea.

WEll when the new disk format is implemented this will be the only solution.  Therefore, the price is well worth it.

Edited by jackeroo75, 16 June 2011 - 07:16 AM.

michalss

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 11:17:34 PM »

it probably will be detected, i bet live can detect if a disk is inside the tray. however i dont think they can detect which disk is inside so as long as a game is inside your fine.

I have same impression on this. smile.gif  I'm not sure if live will be safe but i'm pretty possitive it, will be save as LT 1.9. But in the end u cannot be ever sure about live playing copies.

Edited by michalss, 16 June 2011 - 07:19 AM.

OzModChips

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 11:46:25 PM »

So this will be launched without "live" support, until an update.  Very curious about this project, Sony was very efficiently able to eliminate the USB dongle from use by limiting what would run through USB to baranded items.  A custom firmware was then needed for jail breaking.

I have a lot of questions about the long term viability of this product on "live" I am sure this would be awesome for a non j-tagged system, especially if Xbox marketplace games and content could be loaded from this as well.

Thanks for your input and explanations OzModChips

Yes, initial firmware will not have have special code implimented to deal with live checks.
The dongles with Sony...they where hardware, but the hardware was externally software exploiting the consoles.

The only thing this will be able to load is ISOs. It does NOT run unsigned code like a jtag system. All it does is trick the 360 into thinking a disc is loading when the disc is really an ISo off the HDD

The Xkey (x360key, whatever the final name will be) sits in between the DVD drive and the mobo. So every signal that the xbox has to the DVD drive MUST go through the the Xkey. The xKey can be disabled to allow the disc drive to work as normal if you want. But if it wants to it can intercept all messages from the mobo and respond EXACTLY the same way as the drive would. This is the job of an emulator.

So...
If the mobo sends a signal down to the 360 drive saying "Hey, do you a disc in your Tray". The xKey steps in and responds with  "Yes".  Get it?

ploggy

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 01:28:28 AM »

OzModChips, have you tested this??
Or do you know if we can use a self-powered HDD, I only ask because in the video he's using an externally powered HDD.. smile.gif

Thanks

kingdt

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 01:36:06 AM »

Whats with the dvd drive open the whole time? Is that just to show the xkey is blocking messages from the dvd drive to the mobo or is it a necessity?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 15 queries.