xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: x360key - ODD Emulator Loading Games from any USB Media  (Read 1999 times)

fratslop

x360key - ODD Emulator Loading Games from any USB Media
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »

!!!!! I wonder if this will ever be able to launch homebrew.... Never thought I would see anything like this!

dragoscojan

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 03:56:41 PM »

no chance for homebrew.
also
Supports most Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 games

so how many really?

and since the beta 2.0.13141 dash can flash the dvd drives,i think this device can be easily made useless with a dashboard update.

i think it will only be succesful if it has a low price point,and if xgd3 games are impossible to burn to a regular dvd+r dl.otherwise drive flashing is still a better option (of course,nothing beats jtag's).

Edited by dragoscojan, 26 April 2011 - 12:18 AM.

XOR101

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »

hmmm hard to believe...

And again pre-order without sending out any samples or anything to anyone...  sleeping.gif  sleeping.gif  sleeping.gif

klbarnes1

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »

Wait, before we all get all giddy, Microsoft will sue this group/team and they will have to forfeit over all devices and stop shipments to all resellers.  Then someone will clone it and they will sue them, then they will sue all others that even say hack/mod in the same sentence as xbox 360, Then we will have to donate $ to people for legal fees, then they will................, oh wait this isn't SONY, Maybe this is true.  SWEET!

syntaxerror329

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 03:58:57 PM »

Seems like it would be something easy for MS to patch though.

Not really. If they can't stop backups they probably can't stop this.

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 04:08:42 PM »

Evi1d33d

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 04:14:42 PM »

The key word is Linux. We can probably reverse engineer the firmware and run it of our computers. Once the linux OS is dumped then there's no way for M$ to shut it down.

Also with the new xgd3 it might be impossible to backup using DVD-DL since there's more data on the disc than what a traditional DVD-DL blank can store. So this might be our only option. But the Xbox Live part worries me.

Edited by Evi1d33d, 26 April 2011 - 12:19 AM.

xmugen360

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »

i must say incredible news i bet ms rues the day they allowed usb removable media to be formatted to/by the 360 filesystem...with that said this has to be $100 n up...wonder if there method can be reversed...and here i remember laughing at a thread here about emulating the 360rom drive my apologies that fellow was right all along...

modslave

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 04:19:59 PM »

Youtube

Jesus from that clip it looks bigger than the DVD drive  blink.gif

If this ever gets released never mind gain traction its interesting to know it even exists!

itoktoeatfish

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »

greatest..... thing..... since...... sliced....... bread!

PirateElf

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 04:53:33 PM »

My only qualm about this thing is it seems presumptuous that it would work after this new dashboard drops.. Unless they are planning to release after it drops and after testing....

Harbinger076

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 04:57:30 PM »

Sign me up for 20 or so come first batch smile.gif

My only qualm about this thing is it seems presumptuous that it would work after this new dashboard drops.. Unless they are planning to release after it drops and after testing....

meh.. get em to send me one ill tell you if it works on the beta dash's wink.gif lmao..

beasty54

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 05:24:55 PM »

The key word is Linux. We can probably reverse engineer the firmware and run it of our computers. Once the linux OS is dumped then there's no way for M$ to shut it down.

Also with the new xgd3 it might be impossible to backup using DVD-DL since there's more data on the disc than what a traditional DVD-DL blank can store. So this might be our only option. But the Xbox Live part worries me.

XGD3 isn't a disc format, its a file structure. The new games using this file structure are on the same DL-DVDs that they have always been on, microsoft have simply changed the structure to give them an extra 1gb of usable space.

Back on topic though.... I dont believe for one minute that this device will allow you to play the games from the HDD while connected to LIVE, hopefully they will prove me wrong though.

Apparently the X360Key is made by these guys if anyones interested.

http://www.wodejukebox.com/

Jesus from that clip it looks bigger than the DVD drive  blink.gif

Its a prototype  rolleyes.gif

Edited by beasty54, 26 April 2011 - 01:28 AM.

lord^infamous

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 05:27:45 PM »

blink.gif I say god damn.

InvidiousDemise

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »

WOW! That's cool!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 15 queries.