xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: x360key - ODD Emulator Loading Games from any USB Media  (Read 1996 times)

K3thunder

x360key - ODD Emulator Loading Games from any USB Media
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2011, 11:24:02 AM »

The true key to making this all possible is "Field-programmable Gate Array"

SNAAAKE

« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2011, 05:19:34 PM »

i don't quite know if i'm being trolled into responding,

sorry lol biggrin.gif

tech3475

« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2011, 03:49:54 AM »

are u kidding?
How many softmod users got bricked or need to install million of different cios or isos for playing games?
almost every second game needs a differnet loader etc.

with wode u can just make plug and play for HDD and DVD

1. If done correctly bricking is unlikely, especially if you block updates and only install IOS when needed (non system menu).
2. I personally just need 1 CIOS and 1 loader for my usb games, although I have another for general purpose.

That said, WODE does have usb GC capabilities which is something softmods lack thanks to MIOS. If it wasn't for my wiikey (I use it for GC games) and the relative high cost of a WODE I would probably have gotten one.

Also, you still need to software for region free 4.2+.

d33bz

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2011, 05:55:36 AM »

No more mention of this? They have been shipping them for a month now, surely someone around here has tried it. Please give us a review!

I've got one. For what it is, I love it. And being able to use the 360 with an OFW drive by the push of a button (the eject button actually), is a major plus.

Edited by crs, 04 November 2011 - 02:07 PM.

'urbanracer34'

NULL
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2011, 01:08:04 PM »

'
               New news on the x360key:

Development Update: Maximus 360 Lizard partnership announced!
Posted on May 1st 2011
We are very pleased to announce that x360key has licensed the key extraction technology used in Maximus Lizard. This means that x360key will be able to extract the unique key from all Xbox 360 drives; Samsung, Hitachi, Benq, Liteon, and Slim Liteon - including the latest 0225 model.

Xbox 360 DVD Drive firmware flashing is *NOT* required to use x360key. However, this is a feature that may be added in a future x360key firmware update.

'

'dannybohy'

NULL
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2011, 07:23:02 AM »

'
               I don�t care if its not got XBL support! If a games good enough to bother playing multiplayer I will buy the original game!. I just want to know its safe to use offline without a flag!!?

'

'ghostdog69'

NULL
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »

'
               It looks like it is starting production.  http://x360key.com/news/its-alive

'

'AtlantaMods'

NULL
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2011, 03:39:52 PM »

'
               wow more delays after delays wonder if there ever going to release this at all

'

'nose88346'

NULL
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2011, 12:45:28 AM »

'
               No more mention of this? They have been shipping them for a month now, surely someone around here has tried it. Please give us a review!

'

'crs'

NULL
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2011, 06:06:31 AM »

'

QUOTE(nose88346 @ Nov 4 2011, 08:45 AM) View Post

I've got one. For what it is, I love it. And being able to use the 360 with an OFW drive by the push of a button (the eject button actually), is a major plus.

Edited by crs, 04 November 2011 - 02:07 PM.

'

alukado

« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2011, 02:26:04 AM »

X360Key price cut down on yoyobase.com, now $97.66 with free shipping.

birchi

« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2011, 04:32:32 AM »

I received mine last week and so far it's working great.  My fat console (LiteOn) was on an old version of iXtreme and was running one of the Kinect beta dashes before I got the xKey.  I got one of the new revision xK3ys with flat ribbon cables.

To use xK3y, it is recommended that your ODD is on the latest stock OFW and the xK3y needs a dump of your drive with this firmware on i.e. a FIRMWARE.BIN/dummy.bin with your key in it.  Personally, I already had my drive key but didn't want to have to dump the firmware from my drive again so I used the following steps in order to avoid that:
  • Download the latest official dash USB update from MS (version 2.0.13604 at time of writing).  This of course flashed the drive back to stock OFW but for the xK3y, this is recommended anyway.  Download here.
  • Extract the DVD drive key from my old CFW.  If you don't already have your key, extract using the documented method for your drive.
  • Use wxPirs to extract the firmware xex file for my drive.  Do this by extracting the USB update zip and then opening su20076000_00000000 in wxPirs.  There are 3 different firmware flashing xex files for the different drive models, for mine I needed $flash_oddupd3.xex
  • Use XeX Extractor to open $flash_oddupd3.xex and grab the FIRMWARE.BIN file
  • Use JungleFlasher to inject your drive key into the OFW extracted in previous step
  • Copy this new FIRMWARE.bin onto the MicroSD card supplied with the xK3y
Next was fitting which took me about 20 minutes total and if you follow the YouTube install guides, it's not difficult.  The xK3y literally ends up being sat between the motherboard and the DVD drive and the additional cables required to do this are supplied.

You get 2 ribbon cables with the xK3y, short and long, which gives you the choice of running the cable out the front or the back of your console, I chose to run out the back using the short cable.

xK3y supports up to 2TB NTFS drives and I'm using a 1TB Western Digi portable elements drive.  Games need to be placed in a 'games' folder on the root of the drive.  Inside the games folder, you should also place the dae.bin file which will be used for AP25 challenges.  You can get this file by emailing daelatest [at] gmail [dot] com which will auto-respond with the latest version.

Finally, place the xKey.cfg file on the root of your hard disk with the desired options set (used for setting drive type and whether you want the ISOMENU feature enabled).

When you boot the console, xKey takes around 10-15 seconds to detect the hard disk, it will then see the new .cfg file, apply it and then tell you to reset your console.  After a reboot, you're good to go.

The ISOMENU feature is nice.  The console will always boot with the virtual DVD drive empty so first, just press A to open it and then A again to close it.  This will cause the xKey to mount a virtual Mixed Media Disc.  Navigate to the Pictures option on the 360 dash, choose 'Current Disc' and you will get a listing of the games directory on your hard disk.  Once you've chosen an ISO, you'll see 'Eject to load' so just return to the dash front screen and hightlight the drive.  Hit [X] to eject and within a few seconds, your chosen game will be mounted.  Multi-disc games are supported and you can even swap discs mid-game for games that require that (just double-tap the physical Eject button on the console then use the xK3y LCD screen to choose the next disc).

Games are running fine and the only small niggle is games take ~30 minutes to install to the 360 HDD rather than 10-15 I usually get using my original discs.  This is nitpicking though, overall it's awesome!

Edited by birchi, 07 November 2011 - 01:33 PM.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 16 queries.