xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Installation  (Read 377 times)

jack_pearce

• Archived User
Xbit Installation
« on: February 10, 2006, 07:51:00 AM »

Ok i'm using iND-BiOS.5003.06.bin as my bios. I edited a few of the settings (flubber colour etc) with the config editor and then injected it into the bios. I wrote it to Bank 4 Bios 4 on the mod chip which is 256kb. I've installed the Xbit Modchip in the xbox, when I boot the xbox the green LED on the external usb adapter turns on, but the flubber is still green and then it goes to an error 5 code. Which indicates to me it's still booting from the old bios. The dip switches are 1=ON 2=ON 3+4=OFF. What could be wrong? Maybe it just needs re-sitting?  unsure.gif .

Jack.

jack_pearce

• Archived User
Xbit Installation
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

Just a quick update:

If I select and other bank (change the dip switches) then the little LED on the external board is quite dim. But if it's on bank 4 where the bios is flashed it's very bright.

jack_pearce

• Archived User
Xbit Installation
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

A few high quality images of the chip's current state.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

There are even high quality pictures (3456x2304) which i've zipped up and uploaded here.

jack_pearce

• Archived User
Xbit Installation
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

No worries - Got it working. I had to hold the chip in place so the D0 point was correct but it booted ok. I'll just need to get this D0 point in the right place now. Jack.