xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help!having Major Problems!  (Read 379 times)

devo_313

• Archived User
Please Help!having Major Problems!
« on: December 25, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »

I believe I did everything right. I have the 1.5 X.B.I.T. chip and I installed it pogopin style. I believe i flashed the chip. The program stated that it was writing. I used X2_4977 bios. when i turn on my xbox the green light on the external board comes on and it goes to the MS setup as though there's no chip installed. -------Also, when you install the chip, is there a light or some form of indication letting you know you have a good connection? when you flash to a bank, does the bios sze have to match the bank size exactly? please help.Please (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ... Yes I'm begging Because I'm about to go crazy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)  I've been trying to figure this thing out for two days. My XBox is a 1.0

This post has been edited by devo_313: Dec 26 2005, 07:39 AM

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 04:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(devo_313 @ Dec 26 2005, 06:07 AM) View Post

I believe I did everything right. I have the 1.5 X.B.I.T. chip and I installed it pogopin style. I believe i flashed the chip. The program stated that it was writing. I used X2_4977 bios. when i turn on my xbox the green light on the external board comes on and it goes to the MS setup as though there's no chip installed. -------Also, when you install the chip, is there a light or some form of indication letting you know you have a good connection? when you flash to a bank, does the bios sze have to match the bank size exactly? please help.Please sad.gif ... Yes I'm begging Because I'm about to go crazy. grr.gif  I've been trying to figure this thing out for two days. My XBox is a 1.0

Any reason why you are using such an old version of the X2 bios?

The light doesnt really mean anything other than the LPC is lined up - it shows that power is getting to the chip.

The only way of telling if you have a good D0 connection is if the bios loads.

Have you set the dip-switches to the right bank?

devo_313

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »

I loaded the bios on bank 1 and set the dip switches accordingly. Again, my Xbox boots as if no chip is installed. Thanks for responding. How can I get the D0 to connect to the chip real good? Also, what bios do you reccomend? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

P.S. I've read that if the green light is on the chip is bypassed or in stealth mode (same thing). I have just loaded the latest x2 bios on bank 6. I have the dip switches on off on off. When flashing does the dip switches have to be a certain way?

Info: STM = "Stealth-Mode" When STM dip-switch is "ON" the X-B.I.T is completely disabled and the dip-switch settings will have no effect. The green LED on the X-B.I.T external board will be active.

This post has been edited by devo_313: Dec 26 2005, 11:59 PM

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(devo_313 @ Dec 26 2005, 10:02 PM) View Post

I loaded the bios on bank 1 and set the dip switches accordingly. Again, my Xbox boots as if no chip is installed. Thanks for responding. How can I get the D0 to connect to the chip real good? Also, what bios do you reccomend? blink.gif

P.S. I've read that if the green light is on the chip is bypassed or in stealth mode (same thing). I have just loaded the latest x2 bios on bank 6. I have the dip switches on off on off. When flashing does the dip switches have to be a certain way?

Info: STM = "Stealth-Mode" When STM dip-switch is "ON" the X-B.I.T is completely disabled and the dip-switch settings will have no effect. The green LED on the X-B.I.T external board will be active.

To get the D0 connection real good, you have to solder.

Best way to do it without soldering is to get a light and shine it under the chip while you do the install, line the pins up, then hold it down firmly while you screw it into place.

I would reccomend the latest X2 bios, as it is the most up to date and has the best features.

Check the pinned topics for the guide to flashing this chip, some users are saying that they can only flash it when the switches are in a certain position.

devo_313

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »

You have been a great help and I do appreciate all your advice. I have the latest bios and will follow your advice. I have no soldering skills. I did read one of your comments that solder is the way to go. I wish I had the skills. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again> (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

devo_313

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 07:18:00 AM »

WORKS!!! biggrin.gif It took long enough. Thank you again for all your help. I am too embarassed to tell you what I was doing wrong...I was looking at the external board upside down huh.gif Truly embarassing. One question, is there any hope for a striped hole where you screw down the chip?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

Stripped screw hole eh, put a piece of toothpick into it, or use a wider screw. Sometimes wrapping the screw with a piece of sewing thread works too.

devo_313

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »

You are the man!! Thanks again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Oh, by the way, Sweet mods. I just checked out your pic's. You seem to know your sh!t.

This post has been edited by devo_313: Dec 30 2005, 01:16 AM