xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Hate Me (trouble Getting Chip To Work)  (Read 723 times)

JoBoMX3

• Archived User
I Hate Me (trouble Getting Chip To Work)
« on: December 13, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

So I've got one Xbox working with the Xbit awhile ago and am trying to do another one. Its been about a year and I've only did one in my life so I'm struggling to get this right.

I've got a Xbox 1.2 or 1.3. Can't really tell which one it is, but I used the process to figure out it was one of those. I flashed the chip with the EvoX 5032 bios or whatever it is. The 5 one anyway. I'm going to try flashing with the M7 bios this time instead.

I believe the chip is installed correctly, but I dont get a light on the chip when the xbox starts up. I do however get a light on the chip when flashing a chip. I forget if the light is suppose to be on the chip when starting the Xbox.

So this is what I've done.

-Flashed the Chip
-Installed the Chip
-Selected the bios on the external part of the chip
-Tried using the Evox Dashboard disk I kept when it worked the first time, but I get the MS image under the xbox and then it says it cant read the disk.

I've tried the Samsung and the other Cd Drive as well. I'm going to try the M7 bios and see if that works. If not, is there any minor steps I'm missing or even a step by step for a newbie somewhere?

Thanks a lot.

JoBoMX3

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »

So here's the update. I flashed the M7 bio and it didnt work. Checked the pogopins and the d0 one is missing. Never noticed if it was missing at shipment or not, so I'm guessing Im going to have to solder now.

That's not too big of a deal, but when I'm soldering this chip, does the internal board sit on the outside of the box now too? Is there any diagrams for this process? I've saw the wiring diagram for the solder points, but I havent saw any pictures of where the chip sits now.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 04:03:00 AM »

Just tape up the chip, then tape it to the inside of the xbox casing. Make sure nothing is shorted out against the metal case.