xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit 1.5 Xbox 1.0 Frag Issues  (Read 270 times)

gamerayers

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5 Xbox 1.0 Frag Issues
« on: November 22, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »

I am installing an Xbit 1.5 on an xbox 1.0.  I have alinged the D0 pin perfectly, I even feel it fit in the hole, and I can see it with a flashlight in the correct hole.  I can tell I am on the other Pogo pins from the indents I have made in the solder.  I have installed a couple different versions of iND Bios 5003 not knowing which is correct.  I have verified these installs with the software and it all seems good.  I go to start the xbox and all it does is turn on turn off turn on turn off squeek and then turn on but flash red and green.  I have read the whole board and have tried reflashing it, I have tried sanding it down on the edge slightly near the write protection and I have repositioned it a few times.  I am curious about the power input that comes off of the DVD-rom drive, for it is not pictured anywhere, but the xbit 1.5 I have has an extra header which seems to replace the cable from the dvd-rom, and split off to the xbit bios.  When I remove the bios all works fine, but with it in, I cannot get a light on the usb header saying it is in use, and I have tried different banks and even Steath mode, and none work with the chip in.  Is my chip bad, or is there something I can do to fix this?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5 Xbox 1.0 Frag Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 05:27:00 AM »

Try lightly scratching the d0 point so that it is more exposed, some boards have a layer of laquer over them which prevents the points from making contact.

The DVD power wire is for an install on a 1.6 where a replacement 5V power source is needed.