xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: From Spiderchip To Xbit, Help!  (Read 440 times)

dtrainv2

• Archived User
From Spiderchip To Xbit, Help!
« on: July 14, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »

Okay, for the past 6 months, I've had the newest version of the Spiderchip installed (sucky chip, but finally got it to work).  About a week ago, my Xbox wouldnt boot like it normally does, so I started checking the chip...in the process some of the fragile wires broke off, so I decided "To hell with it, I'm getting a better chip" and ordered the Xbit 1.5.  Here is my issue...

I've installed the chip using the pogo pin method, formatted my chip, installed the x2_4983.67_256k.bin bios into bank 5, slot 5, and the booted the xbox.  When I do, the normal xbox splash screen loads...then it just sits there.  Before, the splash screen would come up, but with a image in the corner of evox, then it'd boot to the dash.

Can someone please tell me what it is I'm doing wrong?  Is the chip not installed properly, is it a bad flash, or what?

Thanks

dtrainv2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »

By the way, I've got the hard drive and dvd disconnected so that I have room to mess with the chip...could this be causing a problem too?

dtrainv2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 08:10:00 AM »

Ok, even huger problem.  I finally got it to work, pins just needed to be in the correct place...*ugh*.  Anyways, I slowly hooked back up one component at a time, until everything was back in.  Then I hit the power button...and it fragged on me.  However...this isn't a normal frag.  Nothing appears on the tv screen.  Not during the first, second, or final boot attempt.  Even during the third when the system is running, nothing is on the tv.  I even tried just hooking it back up stock, and I still get the same thing....please tell me my xbox isn't shorted out!

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »

so I decided "To hell with it, I'm getting a better chip" and ordered the Xbit 1.5

There is your first mistake..

Before, the splash screen would come up, but with a image in the corner of evox, then it'd boot to the dash.

The pink triangle only comes up if you are using the Evox M8 bios.

By the way, I've got the hard drive and dvd disconnected so that I have room to mess with the chip...could this be causing a problem too?

Shouldnt cause a problem, however you wont be able to actually boot a dashboard or boot CD, but you will be able to see if the chip is aligned correctly (when the bootup is slightly different, with an Xecuter2 bios you should see 'Xecuter2 below the big 'X' after the flubber animation)

The blank screen frag is probably caused by a bad connection - yep you guessed it, a loose chip again. Honestly solderless is not the way to go - it is worth spending a bit of extra cash to get a chip installed properly and save all these problems from occuring.