xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Green / Brown Wire On 1.6 ?  (Read 119 times)

x-largo

• Archived User
Green / Brown Wire On 1.6 ?
« on: July 13, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »

I installed the xbit 1.5 with a 1.6 adapter on a 1.6 box as described on the XBIT page...  I pluged in the special cdrom cable to power it. The part on the bottom of the mainboard is done using wires and some solderin action whick is working (tested with voltmeter...) however, when i try to boot the box, it is trying to turn on and stalls 2 times. the third time it stays on and the led is blinking red/green.. no video signal... the  installation must have gone wrong. Now I red, that there is something wrong with the green and the brown cable. does this guy mean the cable in the top or bottom side of the mainboard?? also: I soldered the orange cable into the hole as described on the diagram... is this right, or does it go some other place?

I have successfully modded a 1.6b XBOX with a 1.5 XBIT mod chip. I followed all the directions from DMS's web site to install it using the 1.6 adapter with a few exceptions.

1. The green and brown wires are reversed in the picture I used from DMS and the mod wouldn't boot. I swapped the brown and green wires to a final position in the LPC of Green - pin 2 and Brown - Pin 1. After this the mod worked successfully