xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Anyone Else Customize Their Phone Graphics?  (Read 186 times)

lordvader129

Anyone Else Customize Their Phone Graphics?
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:47:30 PM »

this is something i find i spend a lot more time on than my desktop backgrounds, since my phone is always with me and many more people see it than my computer

this is my current lockscreen (despite initial appearances, its not an iphone)

IPB Image

different image n landscape mode
IPB Image

i customized almost everything on here, the wallpaper is trimmed from a desktop wallpaper (the landscape one i did a lot of work cropping out another character, lol) the slider icon is custom, i made the clock font myself because there wasnt a simple light colored font with a dark "glow" so i wouldnt have to use a curtain behind it to read, about the only thing i didnt make is the weather icon

CattyKid

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 07:15:13 PM »

CattyKid likes this

throwingks

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 08:47:22 PM »

What phone is that? I am sporting the Aquarium Live Wallpaper on an HTC Evo. I am still gettng used a feel for it. May start getting braver here shortly.

P.S. There is also an app that steams up your screen, you can rub your finger on to make the phone look like CattyKid's sig.

hamwbone

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 05:09:50 AM »

What phone is that? I am sporting the Aquarium Live Wallpaper on an HTC Evo. I am still gettng used a feel for it. May start getting braver here shortly.

P.S. There is also an app that steams up your screen, you can rub your finger on to make the phone look like CattyKid's sig.

I usually just get a hot chick in the back of my 87 olds and steam up the Windows Mobile.

lordvader129

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 06:18:52 PM »

touch pro 2

my friend has the evo, nice phone, but i need my hardware keyboard  biggrin.gif

throwingks

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 08:03:18 PM »

I am thinking the hdmi port might be on the hd-dvd player it only makes sense. Think about it.

They've already released photos of the HD-DVD drive... it doesn't have an HDMI port. becides the video processing is handled by the console. if the drive were to have the port they would need to send the video data back over USB... whil USB 2.0 DOES have enough bandwidth to run an HD-DVD drive, it DOES NOT have enough to run that AND stream encripted un-compressed HD Video data for an HDMI port.

Alright I mentioned it in my last post, dont think anyone commented on it.. im no video/audio expert and im not really sure how the whole shmeel works...

But, would a converter be possible. Just a little brick/cube/rectanular prism that converts/upscales/whatever component to hdmi/dvi... or analog to digital or whatever. Blah, idk, it just kinda seems possible in my mind  blink.gif

That would be completely pointless... like dressing a Geo Metro up to look like a Ferrari and then expecting it to drive like one.

People don't care about the connector. The fact that it's an HDMI cable that plugs into their TV is moot.

The whole POINT of HDMI is two fold

1. It's completely digital and uncompressed meaning the signal remains PURE from the disc to the screne. Component Video is NOT digital and has compression. Once the video is in that format any further conversions (even if it's to HDMI) will just degrade the signal further. it's a whole lot of money for nothing.

2. HDMI allows for encription which means that when the MPAA enables the Image constraint token  you'll still be able to view  your movies at 720p 1080i/p while people with component video will be limited to non-HD resolutions. This is done explicitly to prevent piracy. Component video doesn't offer any type of encryption. Converting from component would completely undermind the reasons for using HDMI...

But of course all of the above things have been discussed to death hundres of times before... I'm just regurgitating the results of many many many other threads before this gets too far into repeating itself.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 15 queries.