xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nandpro Io Patcher  (Read 500 times)

firebuddie

Nandpro Io Patcher
« on: March 28, 2013, 02:06:07 PM »

Just posting to say thx...works fine with v2.0d.  NandPro3 and 2.0b would crash when I tried to run it after patching the ports.

Bought the PCI Card for speed benefits since I have a native LPT port but the native port takes forever...6 mins for 1mb on a small block!!!  Speed now done to 2mins for 1mb so sales blurb about PCI Card being 3 times faster than native LPT seems to be true for a change.

Ethan0026

Nandpro Io Patcher
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 12:18:41 AM »

Hi !

It's now possible to use a PCI card or what you want !! I have created a program to change nandpro ports and it work pretty well !! You just have to remove resistors on the lpt connector to make it work beacause pci card doesn't deliver much power.

NandPro IO Patcher by Ethan0026

IPB Image

Download : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3JGZJ7SQ

sry for my english i'm a french guy

Siilentone

Nandpro Io Patcher
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 05:15:43 AM »

Very nice post!

Unfortunately yesterday i had just brought a computer which had LPT on the motherboard specifically for jTag and now you release this.. But its very nice thanks!!

Ethan0026

Nandpro Io Patcher
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 01:38:32 AM »

up

sh1tty

Nandpro Io Patcher
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 04:30:47 AM »

this is awesome !

thwack

Nandpro Io Patcher
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 04:59:08 AM »

sigh, i wish people would read.

there will NOT be a hack anytime soon and most possibly at any time in the future. there is 100% NO way to dump the firmware from the drive so it cannot be examined or altered at all, even with an external programmer. there are no pins for any important parts of the firmware to ever leave the TSOP.

the only way you will ever be able to play backups on a Lite-On machine is if a method to extract the DVD key straight from the Keyvault is found, and that very unlikely and wouldnt be of much use as the drive still wouldnt be able to be spoofed without first knowing the ins and outs of the Lite-On firmware.

now, on a site note, quite a few fraudsters in here that are about to get whats coming to them

I'm not sure I agree with you. It will be hard, yes, but IMHO, not all doors are closed yet.

Maybe I missed a few spots, but all they talking about is symetrical cryptography, which could be a vector of attack if the same sequence (init ?) is used in different drives & with differents seeds. That could give us access to the "user drive key" that allows us to perform read & writes on the discs as well as sending system commands to the DVD controller.
Then, we need the "drive key", and obviously MS won't use any part of it as the "user drive key", but maybe, some system DVD commands may allow us to read some bits of its ram and maybe get some clues.
Finally, the badass part: dumping/crafting/spoofing a compatible firmware. Well we don't know enough bit about that "root drive key" (wich maybe isn't so unique) and about the update command set to speculate on this one.

So for me: very hard. will need expensive equipment (still see that sata port as the weakest link) and a lot of players in need of their warz fix. (To get "support" from those commercial chip makers, never understood who they were sad.gif )

Have I made a mistake in the story ?

'brandogg'

NULL
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:59:30 AM »

'
               This is on the front page too, but you can't reply to the topic. I'm gonna have to go get a new PCI LPT card ($5 or so), since the one I bought has no drivers anywhere (LiteOn 2S1P), but at least I can throw out my piece of shit Pentium 2 Windows 95 machine now.

'

'brandogg'

NULL
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »

'
               Has anyone used this? I supposedly patched NandPro with it, but it still looks for the same ports, and finds nothing.

Edit - didn't see the part about removing the resistors. I'm gonna give that a try and get back to everyone shortly.

Edited by brandogg, 22 April 2010 - 02:47 AM.

'

'brandogg'

NULL
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »

'
               Looks like it's a bust, at least for me. My PCI card shows up fine in the device manager, but patching Nandpro with this appears to do nothing. I'm running as administrator, and Nandpro's "date modified" changes to when I patch it, but it still looks for the standard ports (or at least says it's doing that) and finds nothing, then gives up. Oh well, back to the shitty PC in the garage.

'

'Ethan0026'

NULL
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »

'
               i'm the dev, and it work fine i have done my jtag with my program

you do something wrong, is nandpro try your ports ? it should

'

'brandogg'

NULL
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »

'
               When I patch NandPro (ports for my LPT card are 9800 and 9400 - the same ports work with my VIA SATA card if I put it in that slot), it still looks for 0378 0278 and 03BC. IO Patcher says it has patched NandPro, and the timestamp does get changed, but it appears it's not actually doing anything.

Edit - would you mind trying it for me? Just patch your own Nandpro for ports 9800 and 9400 and upload it, then I can try it, that would be awesome if you could do it.

Edited by brandogg, 23 April 2010 - 12:48 AM.

'

'Ethan0026'

NULL
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 04:22:11 AM »

'
               ok works good for me. Upload here : http://www.mediafire.com/?emrkmry4jwy

i think i have found the issue, my patch only work with nandpro 2.0d...

'

'brandogg'

NULL
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 05:00:59 AM »

'
               Well that must be it, I was using Nandpro 2.0b/e. Thanks, I'll try this one.

'

'Pacotera'

NULL
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 12:10:04 PM »

'
               I dont know if might have been the drivers but on window xp i got nothing working

Then i remove the pci card and installed on another computer with windows 7

worked first time biggrin.gif

'

'Ethan0026'

NULL
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 01:15:45 AM »

'
               feedback brandogg ?

'
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 15 queries.