xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Chameleon Almost Installed...  (Read 644 times)

Mafarrico

• Archived User
Chameleon Almost Installed...
« on: August 07, 2003, 02:34:00 PM »

Hi!
Im new into these modchip scene, but i've been reading alot before buying and installing my chameleon.
This night i installed it, the blue led flashed, the dvd tray opened and i installed the evox 6 bios, it shuts off on its own, and when i started it again, the M$ dasboard appeared.
I've already tried puting the last switch (dip 4) on, but still it goes to the M$.

Any help would be appreciated,

Note:
I used the solderless adapter

Add-on : i just verified that when on if i shake the chip a little, it flicker with the blue led, so i think it nust be the solderless not connecting...

A_Snowman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 03:11:00 PM »

It could be working for u.
The ms dash comes up anyway.

Try a color mod or executer 2 4977 you shoul then se a differnet colour whit colour mod or xecuter on load.

A_Snowman

gamingguru

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 03:49:00 PM »

If the blue light came on and you flashed it then it deffinently works.By flipping the last switch(Assuming that all the other ones are set to off) you are telling you're chameleon to boot to the second bank which should also contain the linux bios on it.HOwever, since you already flashed bank one I think you should try and get a evoX disk in there so you can go going with the mod your xbox thing.

sk8ermike6789

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »

read below, soory, double post

sk8ermike6789

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 07:36:00 PM »

tongue.gif  laugh.gif  jester.gif and the light isnt supposed to come on for anything other than cromwell!!!

Mafarrico

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 04:33:00 AM »

Hi!
At this time, theres not a chance to install Evolutionx dashboard, with the M$ dashboard, i cant ftp, not even recognizes the cdrw anymore.
Guess i'll have to do the headerpin install (that fringing d0 points scares the hell out of me).Trying to find someone around my city to do the solder job for me.

Thanks all that responded.

Nuno

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2003, 05:02:00 AM »

Not so fast.

With the Evo D6 BIOS, the "MS" logo under the X-logo comes from the .xbe that loads.  So if you are booting the MS dashboard, even if your modchip is enabled, you will see "MS" under the logo.

This is why so many people advise using a color-mod.

If you were to boot from an EvolutionX CD, or to the EvolutionX dashboard, then you would see "Matrix Inside".

It sounds like your Chameleon is installed and flashed properly.  Don't pay an installer.  Try another CD-RW.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2003, 05:04:00 AM »

Oh yeah, your "Flash BIOS" CD (the one you used for Cromwell) will not boot up since you no longer have Cromwell.  Burn an EvolutionX boot CD.  Then you can FTP in, update your dashboard, etc. etc.

sk8ermike6789

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2003, 08:58:00 AM »

yes exactly, get a evolution-x .xbe file and .ini file, and skins and bios folder, make an iso w/ x iso (hey, it worked great for me, i dont know why people hate it so much...) and burn it to a cd-rw using recordnow max, and set it to image mode

oh yea, if you want to update your bios, then just boot up in bank 1, thats the number 4 switch on and all others off, and then cromwell should load, then flash it w/ a new bios cd, and then boot up in bank 0 and voila, you have a new bios, probably color mod...

Mafarrico

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2003, 01:45:00 AM »

smile.gif
First let me tell you that i feel like a real dumbass!
I've finaly made it work, did a pinheader install (found someone to do the solder for me), but i think the solderless might have worked too.
My problem was that i never did a EvolutionX dashboard cd (so excited by finally having a chip that i forgot the 3 steps: install chip, install bios, install dashboard.

Thanks to all that did reply,

beerchug.gif

Nuno