xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Building And Using Con/pir Files On The 360.  (Read 807 times)

InsaneNutter

Building And Using Con/pir Files On The 360.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »

Can the 4GB limit be removed? is the limit in the firmware or in the live submission tool?

I believe its a limit of the FatX file system the 360 uses, it can also read hfs+ which doesn't have a 4gb limit so it should hopefully be possible in the future.

Edited by InsaneNutter, 09 December 2009 - 09:33 PM.

justjacko

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 05:31:54 PM »

not without some hacking to the kernel no.

Thanks for the reply sonic-iso

I believe its a limit of the FatX file system the 360 uses, it can also read hfs+ which doesn't have a 4gb limit so it should hopefully be possible in the future.

Thanks for the details InsaneNutter that makes sense hopefully this can be patched in the future

Bannedmuhfugger

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 10:08:46 PM »

All of this new software is great and all but honestly.. How many systems are left exploitable?

New systems--NO

Old systems that have been online since june--NO

Old systems that havent been online but played a newer game--NO

Have to buy special equipment--YES

Difficult to do--YES

Major advantage--Not unless you just REALLY wanna play Shadow Complex/Trials HD without paying for them..or your too lazy to swap discs.

Im not saying its not awesome what the scene is doing but its definitely nowhere near user-friendly or even very useful right now. I wonder how much the ebay-vultures are selling old exploitable systems for now? Hell at least people can finally edit Halo 3 maps and get insta-banned...

Haygar

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2009, 11:42:02 PM »

XLAST? This is a new one for me. Where do I find it? I've looked in the usual places but couldn't spot it.
Even google gives me sweet FA.

Edited by Haygar, 10 December 2009 - 08:42 AM.

dstruktiv

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 02:42:18 AM »

XLAST? This is a new one for me. Where do I find it? I've looked in the usual places but couldn't spot it.
Even google gives me sweet FA.

It's part of the Xbox 360 SDK. It's illegal. Was leaked to torrent sites ages ago.

ztinoezz

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 02:44:20 AM »

for the 4gb file limit,

isnt there a xna authoring tool or something?

i read that xna games are put in 160mb containers uncompressed,now when i rip a game to hdd (the normal xbox360 gamerip way aka hdd install)and extract it to usb then the game is also split into 160mb.

maybe theres a way to deal with the problem tru xna...

dokworm

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 03:03:08 AM »

All of this new software is great and all but honestly.. How many systems are left exploitable?

New systems--NO

Old systems that have been online since june--NO

Old systems that havent been online but played a newer game--NO

Difficult to do--YES

Major advantage--Not unless you just REALLY wanna play Shadow Complex/Trials HD without paying for them..or your too lazy to swap discs.

Im not saying its not awesome what the scene is doing but its definitely nowhere near user-friendly or even very useful right now. I wonder how much the ebay-vultures are selling old exploitable systems for now? Hell at least people can finally edit Halo 3 maps and get insta-banned...

Well it isn't user unfriendly, just takes some time and effort, like all good/fun hacking. All of the steps are laid out for anyone to use, and there are still exploitable systems on the shelves at stores. Anyone who is really into the scene, rather than just 'I wanna play pirated games off my hard drive without any effort' can easily do this. There are guides and people willing to help and consoles are available. You could sell your old one and it wouldn't cost much in actual dollars to have a homebrewed 360.

dalagr

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 03:15:07 AM »

Hi All

May be a Silly Question but where can i get the software used in the tutorial i have searched just cannot find it.
Thanks

Rariv

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 04:13:44 AM »

Sory for the noob question, but you still need a JTagged box, right? I cant change my dash because it has been updated after July, and I really wanted to play Shadow Complex...

utar

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 05:20:38 AM »

Sory for the noob question, but you still need a JTagged box, right? I cant change my dash because it has been updated after July, and I really wanted to play Shadow Complex...

You need a jtag box.

Anyway you can still play Shadow Complex, all you need to do is buy it off XBLA.  It's well worth the money.

Utar

sonic-iso

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2009, 05:23:44 AM »

if there is any tutorials someone would like... let me know wink.gif

kipper2k

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 06:00:20 AM »

if there is any tutorials someone would like... let me know wink.gif

I have a xenon 360 that i have jtagged (XBRebooter latest version) and an official 20gig drive.  Obviously theres not a lot of room on there to save games.  I have a Sata > USB cradle and a 500 GB Sata drive i would love to be able to use to run my games from. I know how to rip the files from the original games, question is, how to format, setup and get the game files on the external drive and get them to run ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks

Edited by kipper2k, 10 December 2009 - 03:01 PM.

littlestevie360

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 06:23:28 AM »

an LPT cable and 7 wires is special equiptment?

radoman

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2009, 08:09:29 AM »

an LPT cable and 7 wires is special equiptment?

Dont forget the soldering iron, solder, diode, resistors, etc.  Not everyone has these things just laying around.

HotKnife420

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2009, 08:12:57 AM »

Can the 4GB limit be removed?

4GB is a Fat32 limitation. TMK, the 360 supports HFS+ drives, as well. HFS+ will work better with smaller filesizes, and not have files restricted to 4GB or less.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 15 queries.