xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Solution To E71 After Flashing Nand  (Read 74 times)

red_ring_of_box

Solution To E71 After Flashing Nand
« on: October 21, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »

Please keep in mind that this fix is for people who are using lpt(or lpt to usb I haven't tested) connections to flash onto your xbox 360's nand. I don't know if this is the same for Cygnos360 V1-V2 users at all so it may not work for them. You agree not to hold me or anyone else but yourself responsible for any damages that may occur now or in the future after implementing this fix.

Hey all if you have just recently tried to flash a nand to your 360 and after turning it on you get a rrod with an E71 code then you have managed to corrupt your nand.

This had recently happened to me and after searching through X-S I could not find any info on why this has happened so after lurking around xboxhacker.net I learned about how the SMC code from before stays with the 360 so when the original nand was overwritten by the backup nand the SMC code containing all the old settings from the last nand on the 360 corrupted the new nand that was just flashed onto the 360.

To fix this you need to re flash your backup of your good nand backup to the 360 again. Then you need to disconnect the lpt connection from the 360 to the PC and unplug the power from the 360 completely. Wait about 5-10 minutes before you plug in power to the 360 again. Your 360 should now work again and boot to the dash that was flashed on the 360.

Here is where I found the fix on xboxhacker.net I take no credit for this fix I am just simply posting it here for anyone else who has had this problem.

Source:

http://www.xboxhacke...p?topic=12611.0

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 15 queries.