xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Winuae / Amiga Setup.  (Read 933 times)

'waal'

NULL
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2009, 08:08:21 AM »

'
               Oh I forgot.

I have also made screenshots.

'

madmab

Winuae / Amiga Setup.
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »

ok well here is what I'm thinking for the pre-made generic controller configs for now...

Joystick Centric- standard 2 button stick mapped to pad, mouse mapped to right analog (X,Y left and right mouse buttons), joystick 1 also mapped to left analog.

Mouse Centric - standard 2 button stick mapped to pad, mouse mapped to left analog (X,Y left and right mouse buttons).

CD32 Pad - with all 6 buttons mapped correctly.

Pinball - Mapping F1 to start, and the two shift keys to the triggers would be a good idea (or something similar).  Although right trigger may interfer with fast forward.

I typically map these as well...

Joy 2 up = B (since alot of platform style games use up for jump).
Mouse 1 button 2 = Y.
Space = white (since alot of games seem to use it).
F1 = Start (since some games use this to start).

I think that leaves the black button and the back button free.  What do you think would be good generic keys?  Esc and Enter?

I'm not sure what killer gorilla meant by having the CD32 pad mapped correctly.  Is he referring to matching the colors or trying to match the physical location of the buttons as close as possible.  I'll have to dig up a picture of the CD32 controller and a CD32 game.  I have a bunch somewhere.  Any recommendations?

Anyways just let me know when you got something for me to tinker with.  If there are certain games that use special keys that you've set up just let me know which ones they are.  I would have to work up some type of system for storing them so a user can import them if they wish.

Just so you know I've already upgraded Winuaex to all the latest dual preview, movie preview stuff that exists in MednafenX-NES.  Plus Gilles made a dynamic skin for it.  It seems to function pretty well.  I default JIT to 0, I fixed the issue with DF0: showing up as DF0??? (sorta), and I tweaked the "Clip excess video borders" so it works a little better.  If you wanna give it a go.  It seems to work pretty comparable to the last x-port release of Winuaex.  I've been having Gilles tweak the skin a little so it uses up less memory than the usual Dynamic skins..

waal

Winuae / Amiga Setup.
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2009, 04:44:27 AM »

ok well here is what I'm thinking for the pre-made generic controller configs for now...
I typically map these as well...

Joy 2 up = B (since alot of platform style games use up for jump).
Mouse 1 button 2 = Y.
Space = white (since alot of games seem to use it).
F1 = Start (since some games use this to start).

I think that leaves the black button and the back button free.  What do you think would be good generic keys?  Esc and Enter?

I'm not sure what killer gorilla meant by having the CD32 pad mapped correctly.  Is he referring to matching the colors or trying to match the physical location of the buttons as close as possible.  I'll have to dig up a picture of the CD32 controller and a CD32 game.  I have a bunch somewhere.  Any recommendations?

Anyways just let me know when you got something for me to tinker with.  If there are certain games that use special keys that you've set up just let me know which ones they are.  I would have to work up some type of system for storing them so a user can import them if they wish.

Just so you know I've already upgraded Winuaex to all the latest dual preview, movie preview stuff that exists in MednafenX-NES.  Plus Gilles made a dynamic skin for it.  It seems to function pretty well.  I default JIT to 0, I fixed the issue with DF0: showing up as DF0??? (sorta), and I tweaked the "Clip excess video borders" so it works a little better.  If you wanna give it a go.  It seems to work pretty comparable to the last x-port release of Winuaex.  I've been having Gilles tweak the skin a little so it uses up less memory than the usual Dynamic skins..

I did a try for mapping, playing Hybris.

I configured this way thinking it would be good for joystick centered games:

back: 1
start: F1
(these are for starting games, one player mode)

Left thumbstick and d-pad for directions.

Right thumbstick for mouse.

White: Left mouse button
Black: Right mouse button
(we only need mouse to exit cracktro and for trainer menus)

A: Fire Button
B: UP (jump)
X: Return (sometime used. Like for transforming your ship in Hybris)
Y: Space (for special combo like smart bombs in shmups)

I removed the CD32 button in emulator definition to assign specific keyboard keys like P for pause, numpad 1-2-3 for language select (concern a few game, see spread sheet) etc...

Mouse centered games config is basically the same with mouse buttons mapped to X & Y and mouse directions to left thumbstick. Note that there are games that uses both mouse and joystick like Walker.

Then we'll need to assign LEFT SHIFT and RIGHT SHIFT keys to triggers for pinball games. And we could assign fast forward to the back button and F1 to the start button.

I wonder if it's possible to assign horizontal mouse movement to left and right triggers for breakout games like Arkanoid. But I don't think so. Then using the left thumbstick should be enough.

I noticed a few games using cursors. If I remember, it concern some AD&D type of adventure games and Hired Guns. I'll look to the spreadsheet.

For CD32, I remember it uses two buttons and Amiga games like Bubba & Stick used to detect CD32 pads. I suppose other emulator defined buttons were on the control panel . I'll see that after, have to transfer CD32 games as I never use them (depressing console, I flew to the land of the SNES at the time).

Edited by waal, 21 December 2009 - 01:48 PM.

madmab

Winuae / Amiga Setup.
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2009, 11:26:49 PM »

ok cool.. I was thinking of setting it up so the user can save keyboard configs as files and pick the name as well as select them when configuring a game (or in the "in game" menu).

Unlike atarixlbox where I had three specific configs and that is it.

I think this will make it more flexible and useful.

Plusatarixlbox I had it copy the config files over to the saves directory if they did not exist there but were in the "D:" directory.  Thus allowing the user to edit them.

waal

Winuae / Amiga Setup.
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2009, 09:46:55 AM »

Good to see you're planing to add control options to the emu, man.

I have updated the spreadsheet. Please check the "mappings" tab.
I defined controls for joystick, mouse, cursors and pinball games.

I can't send you the STG files right now neither I can verify them and then update the spreadsheet because I will only have access to my xbox this weekend.

I tried two player mode and it works ok if I set controls type for the two players from the start in the configuration panel. If I do this once the game is launched, player2's controls bug. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe It's related to the emulator, I don't know. But I remember you could swap controller in-game on real amigas, was useful back in the days if a trainer menu was present before the game (anyway, who needs to cheat on a 2 players game ? Left mouse button/player 2 joystick button is enough to quit).

Btw, happy new year.

Edited by waal, 30 December 2009 - 07:00 PM.

Solo0815

Winuae / Amiga Setup.
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2010, 08:36:28 AM »

Does any1 have a "Step-by-step"-Guide to get the ZIPs from http://kg.whdownload.com/kgwhd/ working in WinUAEx v17. I don�t know much about WHDLoad.

Thx in advance

waal

Winuae / Amiga Setup.
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2010, 07:16:02 AM »

It probably connects to CDDB to get album info on-the-fly.

Very likely.

However it could still do that without the HDD in place, and if I read it right, and the poster said it didn't get the CD details when the harddisk wasn't connected.

I suspect that was because the XBL profile/settings were on the HDD.  If the XBL profile was moved to a MemPak, it would probably still work without the HDD.
(I'm not saying a XBL Gamertag is required, simply that the network connection settings are probably stored on the same media, along side it.  IIRC you need either an HDD or MemPak to use Live.)

Edited by PedrosPad, 23 February 2006 - 09:15 AM.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 15 queries.