xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Checking Lpc  (Read 148 times)

King_Nothing

• Archived User
Checking Lpc
« on: April 25, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »

whats up guys. my xbox does the 3 restart thing and ive learned that it is due to bad LPC connections. So my d0 is fine. Im using a matrix and i believe the chip is fine i check it for continuity by touching all the pins with the ground. So my question is how do check the LPC holes for continuity or voltage? Should i do a check while its on? Basically how do i know if the LPC isnt fucked up. I have a 1.1 box and a matrix flashed with x2 4976. As far as i know its the right bios, is it?

thanks
matt

EDIT:  i filled my lpc holes as i heard i should do.

King_Nothing

• Archived User
Checking Lpc
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »

ok i just put evox d6 on it... how do i tell if evox bios is working? cause i dont have the dash on there so is there a way to tell imediately if its working?

Xeero

• Archived User
Checking Lpc
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....what is with this misinformation???

1)  What is the EvoX D.6 BIOS going to do that the X2 4976.02 won't?  Nothing.  It is aged and has no advantages over the X2 BIOSes.
2)  No EvoX BIOSes have IGR built-in to date.  Not D.6.  None.
3)  The "Matrix Inside" is just a LogoX hack on the evoxdash.xbe file.  It is not in the BIOS.  So far Team Xecutor is the only team to have edited the logo text within the BIOS itself.

That being said, it is FAR more likely that you're experiencing an alignment problem than a bad flash.  You were fine with 4976.02 on there the first time.  If you intend on using that as your primary BIOS, you may as well reflash the chip with that to get it out of the way.  Once that is done, work on your alignment some more.  If you're getting the 3x-restart and the frag, you know your d0 is fine.  As you had said make sure your LPC points are aligned correctly.

King_Nothing

• Archived User
Checking Lpc
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »

ok... ive been at this a while today and ive resoldered my lpc points a few times. Ive realigned the matrix at least a billion times. So ive taken some pictures of my LPC (and d0 - front view) from the front and back ... let me know what you think. Ive been trying to keep the flux off of the solder points but ive tested with multimeter for continuitiy and each point works... yet when i start up im greeted with the pleasent ms bios startup and its driving me to the point of insanity.

user posted image

user posted image

Fire

• Archived User
Checking Lpc
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2003, 08:41:00 PM »

tongue.gif..
cheers.

MacGuyver_3030

• Archived User
Checking Lpc
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »

jesus christ, those are the ugliest lpc points ive ever seen, i swear to god. just get a real chip man.

King_Nothing

• Archived User
Checking Lpc
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 09:40:00 PM »

i cleaned up my LPC points... and after tons of more fucki8n with it i got it to work.. Thanks a ton guys.

for those out there that are still having problems i put up a topic describing what i had to do. give it a shot.

http://forums.xbox-s...=ST&f=9&t=48898