xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Quick Guide For High Def Output  (Read 3126 times)

eXo

Quick Guide For High Def Output
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »

hey guys, I did the wiring to enable HD permanently by earthing sw2,sw3 and wiring all the other 5 plugs up.

I then enabled NTSC mode but my TV which I know can support NTSC displays the picture in black and white.
Almost like it's not compatible with NTSC mode. I check the stock dash to enable HD mode but it's not there yet when the xbox boots into XBMC the TV is detecting 480i mode but I can't get to select any of the HD modes in XBMC either.

Can anyone shed any light on this? do I need like an NTSC version of the xboxdash.xbe file ?

mines originally a PAL btw but converted to NTSC with enigmahs program.

spn

Quick Guide For High Def Output
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2008, 06:30:49 AM »

Hi, sorry for my bad English...

I'm Italian, and I don't know why I cannot switch the HD resolution on my xbox

I've done this modify:

IPB Image

Than I play enigmah video switcher, I select NTSC (press cool.gif and I reset the console.

After this step, I start with the scart the original dashboard, but I don't find the options of the HD resolution...I've found only Letterbox, widescreen ecc...but ANY hd resolution...

CAN BE THE DASHBOARD (original) outdated????

'ldotsfan'

NULL
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2008, 06:39:12 AM »

'

QUOTE(spn @ Dec 22 2008, 11:06 PM) View Post

Hi, sorry for my bad English...

I'm Italian, and I don't know why I cannot switch the HD resolution on my xbox
I've done this modify:

IPB Image
Than I play enigmah video switcher, I select NTSC (press cool.gif and I reset the console.

After this step, I start with the scart the original dashboard, but I don't find the options of the HD resolution...I've found only Letterbox, widescreen ecc...but ANY hd resolution...

CAN BE THE DASHBOARD (original) outdated????

Is xbox modded? Chipped or softmod? Is NTSC mode change confirmed sticky?

'

'spn'

NULL
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2008, 08:53:56 AM »

'

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Dec 22 2008, 04:15 PM) View Post

Is xbox modded? Chipped or softmod? Is NTSC mode change confirmed sticky?

The XBOX is chipped with a xchanger 2.5...

i don't know how confirm the ntsc mode...

I starth with XMBC, than I play enigmah (pre-charged on the hdd)

I press the button B, and I don't know other wise to confirm the change. I've to reset the xbox.

'

'ldotsfan'

NULL
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2008, 04:36:28 PM »

'

QUOTE(spn @ Dec 23 2008, 01:29 AM) View Post

The XBOX is chipped with a xchanger 2.5...

i don't know how confirm the ntsc mode...

I starth with XMBC, than I play enigmah (pre-charged on the hdd)

I press the button B, and I don't know other wise to confirm the change. I've to reset the xbox.

Check the NTSC/PAL mode with a dash like unleashX or XBMC. I personally use XBMC.

'

'asimmon6'

NULL
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2009, 07:42:18 AM »

'

QUOTE(JaredC01 @ Jun 11 2004, 02:28 AM) View Post

I'm in the process of modding a HD-Pack to give me S-Video and Component. So now I'm in the process of deciding what kind of switch to use.

From the great diagram on the first post of this thread, I see that I need to switch between Advanced & HDTV. Except I only want to install one little switch.

I noticed that Pins 11 & 12 are closed on both modes. so I could permanently short these connections. So now I'm only concerned with pins 9&10 and 13&14, I want to switch from one pair to the other.

Are pins 10, 12 and 14 all ground? If so, I could just get an SPDT, and connect a groung to the center pin.

If not, I suppose I'd need to get a DPDT and wire it up, so only one is closed at one time.

any suggestions?

TIA

jared's response:
Yes, you can (and in this case should) permanantly connect pins 11 and 12.  Pins 10, 12, and 14 are indeed all grounding points.  Just use a SPDT switch, hook up one of the 3 grounding pins to the common post on the switch, and pins 9 and 13 to the opposite sides of the switch.

Throw the switch one way, you have Component A/V.  Throw the switch the opposite way, you have S-Video A/V.

Good luck with your mod!

so i read this in an earlier post and just wanted to check to see if it does work because i was getting ready to try it.  the only reason i didn't want to go ahead with it was because i noticed that the red and green component hookups will be connected to the same pins as the s-video pins.  will this be alright?

Edited by asimmon6, 18 January 2009 - 04:42 PM.

'

'2 Bunny'

NULL
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »

'
               All right, sorry to kind of "barge in" and "grab the topic here", but I've got some questions about doing a VGA mod for xBox.

Number 1: Do I need a VGA extension cable to do this? If so, how to I get all the wires into the plug on the end? Do I just stick them in there and hope that it works, or do I yank the end off and try to watch where all the wires go? Is it do able without a soldering iron?

Number 2: If it helps, I'm using an old school NEC MultiSync LCD 1550M (1995ish I think?) that apparently supports "Sync on Green", would I be able to get non widescreen 720p out of this considering that its maximum resolution is 1024X768?

Thanks so much! The xBox Scene "Skinnex" community forum is so helpful all the time.

- 2 Bunny

'

'xoramos'

NULL
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2009, 05:14:59 PM »

'
               Good day sir, does this method work on a PAL tv with a PAL xbox?

'

'Heimdall'

NULL
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2009, 01:06:56 AM »

'
               The Xbox has to be switched to NTSC. The TV format is irrelevant, so long as it has a VGA (RGB) input.b

'

'2 Bunny'

NULL
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2009, 04:15:29 AM »

'

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Sep 25 2009, 04:06 AM) View Post
The Xbox has to be switched to NTSC. The TV format is irrelevant, so long as it has a VGA (RGB) input.b

Right. No point in really having a "pal" xBox anyway. jester.gif

- 2 Bunny

'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 16 queries.