xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Possibilities For A Digital Audio Input  (Read 197 times)

starbase218

Possibilities For A Digital Audio Input
« on: January 13, 2008, 01:33:13 PM »

Hello,

I am sort of an audiophile, and on a hifi forum, I came across a topic covering a home-made digital room correction system, using Linux on an HTPC. Having an xbox, I wondered if it would be possible to equip the console with a digital input, as well as a digital output, and then use it as a low-cost room correction device. There are loads of articles discussing digital outputs on the xbox, but I have yet to find one which covers a digital input. Do does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance.

starbase218

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 04:16:30 AM »

Hmm.. seems I accidentally posted this in the 360 forums. Can a mod please move this topic to the xbox 1 forums? Thanks.

twistedsymphony

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:45:27 AM »

moving...

and for my 2 cents... the Xbox's only Input is really a USB port... if you can get digital audio in through USB then you can probably do what you're trying to do in Linux... beyond that, I don't really think there is another way, but I could be wrong.

starbase218

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 01:18:09 AM »

moving...

and for my 2 cents... the Xbox's only Input is really a USB port... if you can get digital audio in through USB then you can probably do what you're trying to do in Linux... beyond that, I don't really think there is another way, but I could be wrong.

I figured that if the xbox uses generic audio hardware, there's a good chance that it will have a digital input somewhere on its mainboard. The USB ports would probably do the trick as well, but if possible, I'd like to have a separate connection.

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 16 queries.