xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Duplicating Kingroach's Ndure Script Effects With Xplorer360  (Read 1335 times)

mrbunz233

Duplicating Kingroach's Ndure Script Effects With Xplorer360
« on: October 06, 2012, 01:34:50 AM »

Currently Kingroach's Ndure script is dependant on xboxhdm to deliver its functionalities which include:
1. The installation of Ndure softmod.
2. Setting up of shadow C with msdash files.
3. Setting up of UDDAE if the option was selected during the ndure PC installer steps.

With the accidental discovery that xplorer360 can open shadowc.img in shadowc folder as a FATX image file, we can now do all of the above with xplorer360.

1. Open xbox hdd with xplorer360. Backup contents of C drive (partition 3).
2. Close the drive in xplorer360 and open shadowc.img in shadowc folder of ndure C folder with xplorer360.
3. Copy backup files from step 1 over to partition 0. Close the image.
4. Open xbox hdd with xplorer360 again. If you want ndure to coexist with existing msdash, copy over contents of ndure C folder over to partition   3. and take care ernie.xtf is copied before xbox.xtf. Otherwise delete away contents of partition 3 and copy over Ndure C folder contents over.
5. Copy ndure E folder contents to partition 4.
6. For setting up of UDDAE,
a. Copy xboxdashdata.17cdc100 folder in ndure C folder to partition 3.
b. Copy settings_adoc.xip from ndure C folder 's xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder to same folder in partiton 3.
c. If on partition 4, under TDATA/fffe0000/music folder , ST.DB exists, rename to ST2.DB.
d. Copy ST.DB from ndure E folder TDATA/fffe0000/music folder to same folder on partition 4.

Thus hotswapping with xplorer360 to install the softmod will be the equivalent of running the ndure script/htm from pressing enter in xbrowser.

mrbunz233

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 02:42:36 AM »

xplorer360 tells me could not find fatx drive i know the hard drive is unlocked i was playing halo when i did the hotswap plz help im at wits end with this xbox ive tryed xboxhdm and it just tells me it cant find linux cd wich is funny it just booted from the cd my computer only has 1 ide connection so i put it down to that for reason xboxhdm dont work thanks in advance for any help

ldotsfan

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 08:56:10 AM »

@mrbunz233: Try running xplorer360 with Run As Administrator in Windows - assuming you are using Windows 7.

mrbunz233

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:51:17 PM »

im running vista and running as admin dont help it still says cant find fatx image for xbox and usb thats formated from xbox

ldotsfan

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:01 PM »

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=680173

mrbunz233

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 11:48:06 PM »

thank forthe link but it didnt help i dont know what the problem is i do have one question though why does ms dash flicker at bottom of my sceen when i play some of my games this is the reason i was doing the mod i was hoping it would fix that problem i have v1.6 xbox

mrbunz233

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 08:22:42 AM »

is there any other way i can install ndure on my xbox its a 1.6 has 2 usb ports installd in back my computer on the other hand has 5 sata channels and 1 ide channel and the ide is third master so xboxhdm1.9 is out i have tryed useing xboxhdm 2.1 but cant get computer to boot from sd card or usb my computer supports booting from sd card and usb and when i try to make_iso.bat in slax folder of sd card to make a boot cd  it tells me a parramiter is requied-target iso file. example: "F:\make_iso.bat" c:\target_iso press any key to continue the it goes back to slax folder or is there any other method of softmoding my xbox i dont have 007 or spinter cell i cant get a hold of them i have mhecassult but it dosent have the lunix profile on it so i dont think its the right one plz help

ok i got computer to boot into slax how do i install ndure  i dont have the eeprom for my xbox and i dont want to destroy the hd

Edited by mrbunz233, 09 October 2012 - 04:49 PM.

mrbunz233

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 01:07:34 AM »

i dont need help any more i whent and bought a ide to sata converter and it fucked my hard drive after pluging it in with the ide/sata thing all i get from hard drive is error 7 and now xbox is smashed anyone want it  sad.gif

Edited by mrbunz233, 10 October 2012 - 09:14 AM.

AZImmortal

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »

If you're in Southern California then I'd want it.

ldotsfan

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 06:07:47 AM »

Currently Kingroach's Ndure script is dependant on xboxhdm to deliver its functionalities which include:
1. The installation of Ndure softmod.
2. Setting up of shadow C with msdash files.
3. Setting up of UDDAE if the option was selected during the ndure PC installer steps.

With the accidental discovery that xplorer360 can open shadowc.img in shadowc folder as a FATX image file, we can now do all of the above with xplorer360.

1. Open xbox hdd with xplorer360. Backup contents of C drive (partition 3).
2. Close the drive in xplorer360 and open shadowc.img in shadowc folder of ndure C folder with xplorer360.
3. Copy backup files from step 1 over to partition 0. Close the image.
4. Open xbox hdd with xplorer360 again. If you want ndure to coexist with existing msdash, copy over contents of ndure C folder over to partition   3. and take care ernie.xtf is copied before xbox.xtf. Otherwise delete away contents of partition 3 and copy over Ndure C folder contents over.
5. Copy ndure E folder contents to partition 4.
6. For setting up of UDDAE,
a. Copy xboxdashdata.17cdc100 folder in ndure C folder to partition 3.
b. Copy settings_adoc.xip from ndure C folder 's xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder to same folder in partiton 3.
c. If on partition 4, under TDATA/fffe0000/music folder , ST.DB exists, rename to ST2.DB.
d. Copy ST.DB from ndure E folder TDATA/fffe0000/music folder to same folder on partition 4.

Thus hotswapping with xplorer360 to install the softmod will be the equivalent of running the ndure script/htm from pressing enter in xbrowser.

ldotsfan

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 07:31:54 AM »

Delete xbox.xtf and xbox book.xtf in partition 3 root in step 4.

shann

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 11:07:40 PM »

Great and simple guide!
I wasn't able to properly run Xboxhdm 1.9 + Ndure 3.0. I got always "This machine is no xbox.", I tried several hotswap methods, no success.
Finally I just made Error 12 (unplugged xbox dvd) + hotswap and normally boot up windows, then just copy few files according this guide and it works perfectly.. THX  biggrin.gif

ldotsfan

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 05:12:01 AM »

Great and simple guide!

Thank you, glad to hear that it worked for someone else as well after so long  biggrin.gif

welandB

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 04:50:15 PM »

I got this to work by using FTP rather than Xplorer360 (aside from building the new shadowc.img).  Working to the point that UnleashX loads, that is.  shadowc.img would not get past 89.7% transferred using FileZilla.  I can't load the MS Dashboard from UnleashX's main menu.

I'll try a few other ways to get shadowc.img loaded.

welandB

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 07:00:45 PM »

I couldn't get past that 89.7% because the drive was full...I'm in the process of upgrading the hard drive to a 160gb Samsung.  I hope to solve the shadowc.img problem with that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 16 queries.