xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Temperature Question  (Read 84 times)

kaylapuppy

• Archived User
Temperature Question
« on: June 08, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »

I have my xbox in a pc case and have an 80mm case fan. My system is reporting that the CPU temp is over 170 degrees F, which is way too hot. The system runs perfectly fine tho. The MB temp stays low at about 95 degrees. I think I recall reading somewhere that the xbox is supposed to turn itself off at temps over 160. Mine does not, so I am wondering if perhaps Evox is simply reporting the temp incorrectly, or the bios is reporting it incorrectly. I am using the X2 4973 bios, and the latest Evox version. As soon as I turn the system on the CPU temp reads about 95, and steadily increases to 175 even without running anything.

Anybody have any suggestions ?

Regards,
KP

enuf

• Archived User
Temperature Question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »

yeah.. touching ur cpu's heatsink while it's on... another thing u could do is take ur xbox's fan and connect the red wire on the fan and the yellow wire on your hd... it'll be a bit louder tho but it'll save your xbox's cpu until you can get some more fans.  To do this I'd cut the yellow wire and then the red wire (the 1 on ur fan not ur hd) and then twist the three together and tape it up.. Personally I'd solder it and then use hot glue for insulation.

OHH I just heard something about food in Dilbert.. I'm going to go get some chips.. bbiab

Edit: Sigh... your going to have to strip the wire's back so the metal touches... I sure hope you knew that.

This post has been edited by enuf: Jun 9 2003, 04:56 AM