xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Onboard, Eh?  (Read 31 times)

Satan00

Onboard, Eh?
« on: September 25, 2002, 07:21:54 PM »

is it safe to flash the onboard? what doy ou guys think
cuz i feel like doing it for harddrive reasons, but i dunno, is it a big risk?                                    

deka

Onboard, Eh?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 07:35:09 PM »

If you plan on using Xbox Live, I would suggest you hold off on that. We don't have all the information we would like about XBL, but we do know that M$ has the ability to detect modchips and could easily execute routines to prevent you from using the XBL service. My advice is to wait till we know more about XBL.

If you could care less about XBL then, hey, go for it....it's your box.                                    

plehem12

Onboard, Eh?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2002, 09:20:30 PM »

you are a beta tester, so you obviously want to use Live. i wouldnt flash if i were you. ive heard a lot of stuff from other people flashing their onboard bios and toasting their box. its not worth the risk.                                    

N00bvin

Onboard, Eh?
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2002, 12:37:58 AM »

Do it!  It's $199... maybe $149 soon... You've saved thousand on the games you've downloaded (I'm betting...)                                    

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 16 queries.