xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Led's  (Read 255 times)

Dize1

• Archived User
Led's
« on: May 25, 2003, 01:43:00 PM »

Hey, i would like to add LED's at the bottom and on the top of my xbox (fitted in case) if ya know what i mean but how would i power them and where would i link them to? is there a tute for this, or can one of yuo guys help me?

-Dize1 ;)

GREGWILLRULEYOU

• Archived User
Led's
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 02:23:00 PM »

Iknow this probally wont help at all but I just used christmas light that i had dyed as that way i didnt have to solder anything :D

Dize1

• Archived User
Led's
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 03:51:00 PM »

lol kewl idea but can any one help me with what i want to please

Emc1683

• Archived User
Led's
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 04:03:00 PM »

Have you looked at the tutorials page? Or searched any of the forums?

iamstuipidanddumb

• Archived User
Led's
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »

ok there are severl ways to power a led or set of leds.  One way would be to buy a 4 pin molex connecter, this connects to the power chord that hooks to the hard drive and splits a 12v wire off(red) and a gound wire off(black)  these are what you would connect to your led(s) whitch would all be connected together.

XshadowZxX

• Archived User
Led's
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 08:50:00 PM »

Yea i dont kno how to install a LED and i want to install one in my BOX.

XshadowZxX

• Archived User
Led's
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 09:03:00 PM »

Do u kno a way to install a LED with out soldering ?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Led's
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »

actualy I know a really cool way to install an LED without soldering...

when my girlfriend buildt her PC she put it in some shitty case from colorcases.com, anyway it had these LED glowbars in the front and one went out. so when I opened it up to fix it the LEDs were mounted in 2pin connectors. THE LEADS WERENT EVEN CUT! dispite the fact that this was done entirly out of cheapness I thought it was a really cool idea and will probably be using it some time.

basicaly there were a bunch of 2 pin connectors the wires went into the back as normal but where the pins would go the LED leads just went in the pin slots. because they were so long they came out the other side and then they were just folded over to keep it from coming out. Then the connector was just hot glued in place.

The only problem here is the voltage needs to be droped (by way of a resistor) before it gets to the LED.  if you can come up with some way to get that done you'd be all set.

this is also really handy if you plan on experimenting with different color LEDs

XshadowZxX

• Archived User
Led's
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2003, 09:28:00 PM »

Thats a cool way, I need to kno what materials are needed and how to install it. Thanks for the info it helped me in a way.