xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The N00bs Journey  (Read 539 times)

jayda

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« on: April 29, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »

! welcome to my little thread, I doubt any of you would be intrested if i Didnt add pics, So i will take the time to Snap some awesome ones for you all, Cos if your like me, And cant stand out of focus, blury, too small, to shit quality pics, You'll understand why i wanna wait and bring them to u.

So i bought my xbox, Cheaper than i though, Almost got one threw ebay but it worked out alot better for me, Brand new xbox.
Alot of ideas, NO experince.

SO i read, I can do the powerlight ..from green to what ever.. So i went for red.
I also picked Red for my Jewlmod too.

3mm Leds was the go. So today i sodered it all up, Never used one in my life, and i have no experince in eletronics, It cant be that hard i tell myself.
SO anyways ,about 30 joints later and about 2 days of tinkering, i am now staring at my new Spankin' matallic 'red/orange looking box, with RED lights... damn this this looks nice. not geeky, not pussy, chillin :D

so . please Comment on thies, And i will also Post up from Who i got my tuts from and give the rightful ppl the props.
Pics to come withing a few hours.

Current Mods_______
power/ indication LEDs swap to RED.
5 3mm red LED ' LIT UP JEWL MOD ' With Ps2 Rocket Switch located at the back out of view ( wasnt the best part of cut )
Jewl Removed, Painted/cleared.
Persion Sand Matallic 'X' and parts.
Copper Bronze Matallic ( rest of box, grils, front power part etx )

Future plans____________

OzxChip <-- Sent for it today ;)
120G HDD <-- Will pick up when Chip is ' WORKING ' inside the  Spankin' BOX

Rember to Comment and Suggest for some Future Mods!

RSX_Integra

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 07:32:00 PM »

sounds nice...

got any pics?

RSX

LepPpeR

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 07:39:00 PM »

it says pic included but there are none.

SoLoBoX

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

Yea pics please, what does persian sand look like? blink.gif

jayda

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 09:58:00 AM »

Sorry for the delay in the reply ppl, I disconected my broadband about 1 hour after posting and realised that i didnt upload any pics, ha ha ... so now im on the laptop using 56k and its slow as crap, so unfortnalty you dont get my biggist pics.

Thies are really hard to capture in atrificial ligh. Room light and the cameras flash. I have about 8 pics for you.

So you know what ive done, time for an update.

I receved my OzXchip withing a few days of ordering and with a total of 66 AUD i had me a mod chip resting in a videotape box. with some de-solder braid, some solder and my Do wire, oh and them little pins ready to solder in.

So today i finaly had some spare time to solder it in, Befor work i begin, 30 mins later. Jobs done.

The d0 point was actually alot easyer than i though, i think the other points are much harder ( trying not to cross the mini tracks with solder. my 19 buck soldering iron was kinda big for this job ) so the first atempt at soldering FAILS... after work i found this out...
So i re soldered all the points, WOOHOO it works. I know Boot in Linux , the Cromwell bios or what ever it is.

So now alli gotta do is Ozxflash it and throw on EvoX
tommrow i will try and ftp a game to the original HDD , when i can do that, Its off to buy me a 80 or 120 gig.
Pics are here, sorry to ramble, but thies keys are so kushie  :beer:

jayda

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2003, 09:55:00 AM »

having a bitch of a time finding a free pic hoster... whats everyone use?

chilin_dude

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2003, 10:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (jayda @ May 7 2003, 06:55 PM)
having a bitch of a time finding a free pic hoster... whats everyone use?

here is where some people use! I am looking forward to the pix as i still haven't soldered anything  sad.gif

jayda

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 05:07:00 AM »

thanks chillin dude !
ill get them up tonight for sure. ill take more aventually and some full color ones. this color and my ability to take a nice pic just doesnt seem to be working.

Have you had any experince with soldering beofr dude? I havnt ... i tryed the Power led as a test.. i removed them with ease, and replaced them with single color leds. I didnt want the brightest ones, i think they turned out good. In the pics they turned out more Orange than anything. Rest assured they are actually DEEP RED. and they look bloddy fine, as for the jewl...  :rolleyes: I sanded it and painted it but i thought the clear jewl would look the best, i made it a little cloudy using rough sandpaper, looks nice, only bad thing was that i got some Overspray from the clear golss on the box on it. so the surface isnt smooth, its kinda cloudy, ill fix that another day.

ill keep you all posted. this is a grate website, only problem is that all new new posts get burried with more threads with things that have already being answered and stuff.

POICE

jayda

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2003, 04:26:00 AM »

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Theirs the pics, thats an OzXChip you can see. I reccomend anyone to get one.

gainpresence

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2003, 04:42:00 AM »

Damn, those are some REALLY nice pictures.. very clear and all.

Nice xbox, too.  beerchug.gif

jayda

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2003, 05:08:00 AM »

wow man, im chuffed that you dig the quality, i didnt think that they were that nice... hehe None of the pictures show what it really looks like, this is the best paint job ive seen that i like, I was going to Go for a Blue silver theam, BUT everone was going blue/silver ..so i got my idea off of the dude from ModZone. tommrow i pick up my 120 gig !

Fire

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2003, 05:46:00 AM »

SICKKKKKKKKKKK XBOX!!!! loooks FKN MAD!!!!

i cbf doing what u did t the case.. but i dont mind electronic stuff tongue.gif..
Well Done!

best combination for colour is Blue, with cracked silver paint on top!
Best PIMP xbox = Gold tongue.gif AHHAHA  laugh.gif

cheers!

RSX_Integra

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2003, 06:17:00 AM »

i thought it was a n00bs journey?

smile.gif

lol

NICE WORK

RSX

TykSak

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2003, 07:59:00 AM »

nice pix indeed I cant wait until you get some dayligt pictures up so we can see the real beauty of the colors

You can also paint the eject and reset button and maybe widen the hole under the jewel

Oh and nice touch putting the sticker back on, I do that to wink.gif

W!CKED

• Archived User
The N00bs Journey
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

Very nice
Pages: [1] 2