xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jade Empire Surfire Backup!  (Read 415 times)

Nailz

• Archived User
Jade Empire Surfire Backup!
« on: July 06, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

Hey everyone. I was tinkering around with RAD tools and the unsure ways of downsampling Jade Empire to fit onto a single layer 4.7 gig DVD, and have come up with the precise configuration for compressing only the movies NECESSARY, and to loss absolutely no quality perceptual to the naked eye.

I was browsing through the topics already created and saw that most were unsure about how much to downsample etc.

Here we go:

1) Delete the foreign language folders (Italian and Spanish..not English unless you want it that way)

2) Delete the Demo folder. Once the language folders and the demo folder are gone, the total size should be 4.44 gigs.

3) Go into the "movies" folder and copy/paste all movies 20 MEGABYTES AND OVER (very important) into a seperate folder. there should be 53 files totalling to 1.70 gigs.

4) open up RAD tools and select which files will be compressed\downsampled (the 20 meg-and-over files) and press "BINK it" (not "Smack it")

5) Select where you want the compressed files to go to by typing in the path inisde of the long white box at the top of the window.

6) Where it says "Compression Settings" select "Compress to a % of the original", this means the movie will be compressed to a percentage of the file (this is not how much percentage of compression, but the percentage of the uncompressed file....I know it's complicated but trust me). Now that you have selected the option, you will see a little white box next to it: TYPE IN 80. This means the file will be compressed until 80% of the uncompressed original file remains (this is good).

6) At the bottom (the very bottom) you will see a "Compress Audio" option, if it is not already so, "check" the box. For the "Compress level", type in "0" (zero). This is perceptually lossless in quality (it says so to the left)

7)Now that you have done these things, don't touch anything else, the default settings for everything else BUT the options I mentioned are sufficient. Just hit the "Batch" button on the right. Once the other window pops up, select "Start" and it will start to compress all of the files you selected.

This will take a lot of time (Approx. 3-4 days on a high-end machine), go outside, take a breath of fresh air, go for a jog, do whatever you do. Once the compression is done (from 1.70 gigs to 1.30 gigs), delete the "New_" parts of compressed file names. Then just copy\paste the compresse files back into the "movies" folder (overwriting the originals).

The total size should now be 4.04 gigs. Now burnable onto a 4.7 gig DVD, and with perceptually lossless quality of both video and audio.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »

nice to see this works... too bad it wasnt a little earlier... good job tho

Nailz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »

Hey, I just tested and you don't even need to remove the foreign language folders! just removing the Demo folder is sufficient.

This post has been edited by Nailz: Jul 7 2005, 05:47 AM

poogles

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 05:14:00 AM »

Yeah there are many ways around this. I enabled "scaling compression" which significantly reduces the files size and is much quicker than the method described. Quality is not as a sharp but it's only a backup so that didn't really bother me. (Plus it took less than a day - no need to downsample all the movies)

Nice method though  smile.gif

spidey97504

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »

Aftre deleting the Languages and the Demo folders, you say the size is then 4.4G. How do you get this figure? I still have 5.75G.
Thanx.

spidey97504

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »

Bump.

xenokai

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 03:14:00 AM »

ok let me get this stright doing this i dont lose any movies or anything? but my pc will compress it for 2-3 real days!? id rather save the wear and tear on my pc lol

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 06:09:00 AM »

you dont lose any movies, you just downsample them to a barely noticed level, it noticed at all.. and its just processing time, not really gonna wear or tear your computer... not like its a 3 day burn.. just cpu cycles.

xenokai

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »

ive never had a cd or dvd to have to burn for days lol a hour at most maybe? lol

xenokai

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »

hmm its about done and its only taken about 24 hours im using the 3 day method u said maybe my hdd is faster than urs?

xenokai

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 12:12:00 AM »

it still wont fit >.< its 5.35 gigs still i followed the guid perfect all 53 file got compressed >.< no demo folder or launge  folders man >.< any help? the movie folder is 2.55 gigs now

xenokai

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 02:37:00 AM »

ok well the guide you told doesnt quit work perfectly but i found a way around it i deleted some movie that where other char only movies like some movie have a certain char in it and is indicated but a E or a D and so on well i found the chars i wasnt playing with and deleted there movies i managed to keep 2 chars movies on and some of another char movies just use the rad tools and see which movies u dont need like the bold guy's movies where useless hope this helps people out ay be able to not compress at all and just delete all but 1 persons movies but i fig id have a male and a female xD

azn_shady

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »

OK i have a problem I did what what xenokai said and deleted all the unneeded char files.  After that my Jade Empire folder was 4.7GB, I made my iso using Craxtion 4, then I inserted my DVD in to the drive to burn it and i loaded the ISO using DVD Decrypter.  When I loaded it its said that the size of the iso is 5.055GB I dont understand It was 4.7 GB in the folder and in the ISO why is it showing 5.055 GB instead of 4.7 GB I have backed up many games but this is the first time this has happened... Can any one help me please  sad.gif

mikledw

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(xenokai @ Aug 1 2005, 10:12 AM)
ok well the guide you told doesnt quit work perfectly but i found a way around it i deleted some movie that where other char only movies like some movie have a certain char in it and is indicated but a E or a D and so on well i found the chars i wasnt playing with and deleted there movies i managed to keep 2 chars movies on and some of another char movies just use the rad tools and see which movies u dont need like the bold guy's movies where useless hope this helps people out ay be able to not compress at all and just delete all but 1 persons movies but i fig id have a male and a female xD

where do u download these rad tools????

JazRad

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »

Do a search in google for RAD Tools its the first link
Pages: [1] 2