xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tdk Indi Burner Will It Work  (Read 550 times)

talonx32

• Archived User
Tdk Indi Burner Will It Work
« on: December 03, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »

guys is there any way u can tell me if tdk indi will be able to work with my modded box im about to buy it but a lil scared if it dont work  

|Seraphim|

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 05:19:00 PM »

I dont see why it wouldnt work. Its not so much the burner, but more the media that you burn the stuff onto. For example, Using your TDK burner to backup one of your games onto 1 DVD-R may work on your XBOX, but doing the same thing on another brand of DVD-R may NOT work on your xbox :(

talonx32

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 05:23:00 PM »

:unsure:  so basically its the media and not the burner cause i know the indi aburn at all the formats, my friend told me it was the burner but i said it had to be the media u use guess i was right.  

|Seraphim|

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 05:36:00 PM »

Yea, as long as your xbox will read the media your burning on, you should be pretty much set and not have to worry about it not working :)

GameGuru

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 05:44:00 PM »

I can totally set you mind at ease since I actually own a TDK indiDVD 440N Dual Format burner ... YES!

nezff

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »

different media works with different drives in the xbox. doesn't have anything to do with the burner. i would get one that burns all formats. + and -

|Seraphim|

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 06:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (nezff @ Dec 4 2003, 03:17 AM)
different media works with different drives in the xbox. doesn't have anything to do with the burner. i would get one that burns all formats. + and -

exactly. If I recall, the TDK burner in question does burn both + and - correct?

sCoTxXx

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »

I agree too, the burner shouldn't make a difference at all, (definately go with the dual format if you can) I believe too that its all in the media that you use and the way you create your iso.  Craxtion, GdfImage, and quix are all excellent programs for making your .iso files.  I also recommend burning your images with record now max.  Good luck and I wouldn't sweat the burner you will be fine.  :beer:  

jlgreen420

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2003, 06:51:00 PM »

i have the 440n and I  use +R's for my DVD movie backups.  the same media will not work for my games though.  For games i have to use +RW.  thompson drive

Mr Ed

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2003, 07:42:00 PM »

There are a couple of burners out there that won't work right with the XBOX without fixes.

I think Plextor (for +R media) and I think NEC and I think LiteOn have all had issues out of the box.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2003, 11:44:00 PM »

The TDK is a relabled NEC to my knowledge.  No shortage of complaints about this drive.  For the same price or less you can buy a Pioneer 106 which has one of the best track records of any burner out there so why bother with the TDK?

dragon-fli

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2003, 04:18:00 AM »

I have a TDK 440N and have yet to burn a bad disc with it.  Using TDK 2X DVD-R and Memorex 4X DVD-R Media.  

talonx32

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »

thanks dragon-fli  :lol:  i really happy about getting useful  
information

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2003, 04:36:00 PM »

I'm using a tdk indi and have no problems at all. +R only which works fine on my thomson and my sister's samsung but won't work on my samsung.