xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Xbmc Updater  (Read 207 times)

'danomoseley'

NULL
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:30:41 PM »

'
               XBMC Updater is a little program that downloads the newest XBMC from xbins, unpacks the build using winrar, and ftps the folder to your xbox.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmcupdater

When you open the program for the first time it will tell you that the serverinfo file is missing, it will be autocreated inside a new directory Data Folder, you must edit this file with the ftp server info in the designated order. Open the program again and you should be good to go, the GUI is pretty self explanitory, just input your info and hit go, the rest of the work should be done for you. Leave the rar in the folder and next time you go to update, an update will not be done unless there is a newer version.

Let me know how it works for you!

Or if you build your own XBMC check out dXBMC here: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=596201

Edited by danomoseley, 09 April 2007 - 07:32 AM.

'

'1hotjob'

NULL
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 06:03:39 AM »

'
               Does this leave the UserData folder alone? Or, do you need to keep a back up and FTP it over every time?

'

'danomoseley'

NULL
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 08:55:14 AM »

'

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Apr 9 2007, 08:10 AM) View Post

Does this leave the UserData folder alone? Or, do you need to keep a back up and FTP it over every time?

It leaves UserData alone as long as you don't click the "overwrite userdata" checkbox.

'

1hotjob

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 10:27:19 AM »

Excellent. I will give it a try.

jakemo

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 03:11:46 PM »

It works fantastic.  I only had 1 problem, when I set the directory I included the /XBMC so it put it into the folder.  User error....  But when I attempted to send it again with the dl I already had, it gave me an error saying I had the newest build and it had to close.  So I deleted, and re-downloaded it again.  Other than that, it worked as promised.

Entrical

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 07:20:55 PM »

"the application failed to initialize properly (xc0000135). Click OK to terminate application."

uh???

1hotjob

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 10:56:23 AM »

I am a little dense here(brain fart), so help me out. In the serverinfo file I need to set up the following:

<FTP Server>
<FTP Port>
<FTP Username>
<FTP Password>

What do I need to put for the above?

danomoseley

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

I am a little dense here(brain fart), so help me out. In the serverinfo file I need to set up the following:

<FTP Server>
<FTP Port>
<FTP Username>
<FTP Password>

What do I need to put for the above?

You need the connect info to the xbmc xbins ftp server.

orijonl

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 03:57:55 PM »

I can't seem to get this to work.  I'm running Vista, but I have checked WinXP compatibility mode and run as an Administrator.  Each time I run the exe, it tells me that the program has stopped and Windows is looking for a solution.  I replaced the each line of info inside the <> with the appropriate site info for xbins XBMC mirror.  I hope that was correct.

error_55o

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »

"the application failed to initialize properly (xc0000135). Click OK to terminate application."

uh???

I'm getting this error too, how do I fix it?

jabu2oz

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 11:20:29 AM »

After I run the exe for the first time, it creates the .txt file for me to edit. I put in my xbins info and then try running the exe again, but nothing happens.

danomoseley

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 08:19:04 PM »

Were you guys changing the info inside the <> or replacing them? They should be replaced, I've put a new version up on google code with hardcoded info, everyone who was having a problem, please try the new version. And if anyone has any problem with hard coded connection info, or sees a problem with it please let me know as well and I will go back to the original method.

Tojnk

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 03:44:27 AM »

I'm getting this error too, how do I fix it?

google is your friend: http://www.google.co...G=Google Search

seems you have to install the .net framework

Green Disease

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 10:58:40 AM »

This is a nice little time saver. smile.gif

danomoseley

Xbmc Updater
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »

The program has been updated to v03, check out the new features and bug fixes  biggrin.gif

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 16 queries.