xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Tutorial : X-clamp Replacement - Lawdawg0931's Method  (Read 2550 times)

bamarquez226

Tutorial : X-clamp Replacement - Lawdawg0931's Method
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2010, 10:19:48 PM »

The part #�s that I use come from Lowes, and the necessary parts for this mod are very inexpensive. You will need the following parts:
a) 8 M5-.80 x 10 Machine Screws #138433
cool.gif 16 #10 Flat Washers � Nylon #139065
c) 16 5mm Flat Washers � Metal #138319
d) Artic Silver thermal compound

That's from the downloadable version

daniel6718

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2010, 12:48:13 AM »

worked perfectly...i used nylons on bottom side nad had to drill holes for the heads to stick through but no problems and been playing for hours

relaxxx

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2010, 04:43:59 AM »

Anyone watch the video and notice the fans ramp up fast a second or two before the end?

I bet that elite is dead right now!

So many tutorials on how to cause permanent damage to your console!

dylandavis8

« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2010, 12:11:06 PM »

hello umm

i tryed to overheat it for like 30min and it didnt change to 2 red rings

what should i do????

huverdaz

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2010, 08:02:03 PM »

First off I would like to thank Lawdawg for all the work he did on this guide, it was very informal and got me almost all the way through my 3RROD problem.

I am trying to cook my 360 after I have already reapplied thermal paste and remounted my heat sinks. My problem is that my 360 gets the 2 red lights right away, but it will not overheat. I ran it with the 2 red lights for about 10 minutes and my heat sinks did not change temperature. Does anyone know why this might be?

The only thing I can think of is, when I was putting the power button board back on I may have scratched it a bit. I thought that the board was supposed to go under those two little medal lips, not over top of them. I see scratches on the two front corners, but only on areas with squares.

Any help or explanations you can give me would be much appreciated. I can't believe I got this far then started putting it back together wrong.

geezer1955

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »

First, 3RROD mods that are listed on this thread worked like a champ.  Nice job laying everything out.  

Minor detail that seemed to work better for me: instead of using alcohol to remove thermal paste, I tried GOJO type hand cleaner with Q-tip.  This seemed to dissolve the old paste much better.  I ended up with a beautiful mirror finish on heat sink contact patch.

I got a nice "Sweet!  Thanks, Dad!"  All is right with the world again.  smile.gif

Xpoc26

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2010, 04:10:34 AM »

First off I would like to thank Lawdawg for all the work he did on this guide, it was very informal and got me almost all the way through my 3RROD problem.

I am trying to cook my 360 after I have already reapplied thermal paste and remounted my heat sinks. My problem is that my 360 gets the 2 red lights right away, but it will not overheat. I ran it with the 2 red lights for about 10 minutes and my heat sinks did not change temperature. Does anyone know why this might be?

The only thing I can think of is, when I was putting the power button board back on I may have scratched it a bit. I thought that the board was supposed to go under those two little medal lips, not over top of them. I see scratches on the two front corners, but only on areas with squares.

Any help or explanations you can give me would be much appreciated. I can't believe I got this far then started putting it back together wrong.

I'm having the same problem right now. Instant 2 red lights which shuts the console down and won't allow for the sinks to heat up at all. I didn't scratch anything either, so I don't think that's the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

muddy

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2010, 04:15:26 PM »

Followed the video tutorial and it worked perfect!  The only thing was that my console didn't display the ROD after i plugged it in to "bake" the chips.  It booted up normally and then it froze, the heat sinks were getting very hot almost too hot to touch, I just let it sit for about 4 minutes and then tightened the screws, replaced the fans and dvd drive and tested again, it then worked great! Played halo 3 for about 10 min or so to test and then re-assembled the whole xbox.  Played again for about 30 min, so far so good.  Thanks so much for the help!

biggrin.gif

Edit: I forgot to mention that I added the little square pieces of credit card with super glue on top of the CPU/GPU. Great idea!

Edited by muddy, 05 March 2010 - 01:28 AM.

einchin

« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2010, 03:52:37 PM »

hi guys, i m new in this forum.

Just have some query about the screws to fix the heatsink ... i got those screw like what they recommend in the 2nd post from Bunning, but i found it is a bit long, do you cut the screw to a suitable length, or is there any other exact size screw i can use to re-attach the heatsink to the mainboard?

SlickWilly440

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2010, 04:42:57 PM »

hi guys, i m new in this forum.

Just have some query about the screws to fix the heatsink ... i got those screw like what they recommend in the 2nd post from Bunning, but i found it is a bit long, do you cut the screw to a suitable length, or is there any other exact size screw i can use to re-attach the heatsink to the mainboard?

They are probably not long enough for the need to have them cut b/c there is plenty of space for the screws to go above both the heatsinks.  In other works, there isn't anything blocking the screws from sticking out of the CPU Heatsink bracket, and a good amount of leeway for the GPU Heatsink as well.

desitdt

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2010, 05:20:56 PM »

i recently performed this fix on two xbox and it worked both times, on the third not so much. When it turns on it waits, almost "pulses" the fan 3 times, then displays rrod. Ive tryed taking it back apart and performing it again. adding more/less arctic silver, tighter/looser screws. Can anyone give me some help?

einchin

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »

They are probably not long enough for the need to have them cut b/c there is plenty of space for the screws to go above both the heatsinks.  In other works, there isn't anything blocking the screws from sticking out of the CPU Heatsink bracket, and a good amount of leeway for the GPU Heatsink as well.

there is a limit to drill the thing thru to the top, mine heatsink is the square type of thing without those copperlike x clamp on it... will take a photo and post here later

einchin

« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2010, 09:35:57 PM »

http://blog.mlive.co...con_landed.html

mine heatsink looks like this website picture here

SlickWilly440

« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »

Oh, I see.  Sorry, I'm only familiar with my Xenon Board.

Then I guess you can go looking for shorter screws, or shorten your current screws.  Have you actually, tested out the screws and found out they were too long, or does it just look that way with some uncertainty?

einchin

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2010, 07:11:04 AM »

hey i found the screw in the right size ... but now i have a problem , i put thermal paste lock them in , but how come the two redlights coming up ( last time was 3 ) , and the fan blowing heavily than last time ... and it shut down by itself afterwards , just after 3 seconds the xbox screen pop up .

Is it becos i never attach the heatsink properly ? or is it i never use any washer anything like that ?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 15 queries.